Current Watches and Warnings
Wyoming, South Lincoln County
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 5:26 AM MST on December 08, 2016
Expires 2:00 PM EST on December 10, 2016
... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 3 PM this afternoon to
noon MST Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Riverton has issued a Winter
Storm Warning for southern Lincoln County... which is in effect
from 3 PM this afternoon to noon MST Saturday. The Winter Storm
Watch is no longer in effect.
* Timing... snow will likely begin by late this afternoon. Snowfall
will become heavy at times tonight and will likely continue
through Saturday morning. There will likely be one final burst
of snowfall around mid day Saturday. Snowfall will decrease to
snow showers Saturday afternoon.
* Total snowfall... 5 inches expected around Kemmerer and 9 inches
expected around Cokeville.
* Wind and visibility... west winds of 15 to 30 mph with gusts to
40 mph will result in blowing and drifting snow along with
lowered visibility down to one quarter of a mile at times.
* Impacts... roads may become slick and snow packed with limited
visibility at times. People planning outdoor activities should
be prepared for adverse winter weather conditions and take the
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow, and or
blowing snow are expected or occurring. This could make travel
very hazardous or impossible. If you must travel keep some food,
water, and an extra flashlight in your vehicle in case of an
emergency. Check the latest Road conditions at wyoroad.Info or by
dialing 5 1 1.
Statement as of 1:39 AM MST on December 08, 2016
... Record low temperature set at Casper WY...
A record low temperature of 31 degrees below zero was set this
morning, December 8th, at the Natrona County Airport in Casper. This
breaks the old record of -29 set back in 2009. This also breaks the
record low temperature ever recorded during the first 15 days of
December, or this early in the season.
The record low temperature for todays date at the Casper coop
station was 17 degrees below zero set back in 2005.
- Alabama - Freeze Watch
- Alaska - High Wind Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Freeze Watch
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Watch
- Idaho - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Indiana - Winter Weather Advisory
- Kansas - Wind Chill Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Wind Advisory
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Montana - Winter Weather Advisory , Wind Chill Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- Nebraska - Wind Chill Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory
- New York - Lake Effect Snow Warning , Lake Effect Snow Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Wind Chill Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Ohio - Lake Effect Snow Watch , Lake Effect Snow Warning
- Pennsylvania - Lake Effect Snow Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Warning
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Wind Chill Advisory
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Washington - Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- - Small Craft Advisory