Current Watches and Warnings
Wyoming, Teton and Gros Ventre Mountains
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 8:51 PM MDT on March 22, 2017
Expires 10:30 AM EDT on March 24, 2017
The National Weather Service in Riverton has issued a
* Flood Warning for urban areas and small streams for...
rain and snowmelt in...
Lincoln County in west central Wyoming...
* until 830 am MDT Friday
* periods of rain will occur tonight into Thursday morning. Rainfall
of 0.25 inches to 0.50 inches is forecast through Thursday morning
across the region. With recent snowmelt, areas of low land
flooding has occurred and with the additional rainfall expected,
flooding may increase in areal coverage.
* Flows into Crow Creek will increase and this will likely lead to
some flooding along Crow Creek. This would include the area around
Fairview. Water levels in the Salt River are also expected to
rise and some flooding is likely along its path in Lincoln County.
* The Bear river will also see rises in water levels with some
flooding likely along its path in southwest Lincoln County.
* Otherwise, some flooding may occur along drainage ditches and in
low lying areas of Lincoln County.
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
A Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or occurring. All
interested parties should take necessary precautions immediately.
Lat... Lon 4331 11104 4328 11081 4324 11081 4322 11060
4278 11059 4278 11062 4271 11063 4271 11059
4228 11056 4227 11006 4159 11005 4158 11103
Statement as of 4:08 PM MDT on March 22, 2017
Expires 6:00 AM EDT on March 23, 2017
A new storm system will bring an increasing chance of mountain
snow to the area tonight into Thursday with some rain changing to
snow in the lower elevations. Early indications point to 1 to 5
inches in the mountains with from less than an inch to two inches
in the Star and Jackson valleys. Additionally, isolated
thunderstorms are also possible during the remainder of this
afternoon and early evening.
- Alabama -
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Frost Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Connecticut -
- Florida -
- Georgia -
- Idaho - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- Indiana - Freeze Warning
- Kansas - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Kentucky - Freeze Warning
- Louisiana - Dense Fog Advisory
- Maine - Wind Chill Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts -
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Mississippi -
- Missouri -
- Montana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Warning
- Nevada - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- New Hampshire -
- New Mexico - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- New York -
- North Carolina - Freeze Warning
- Ohio - Freeze Warning
- Oklahoma - Wind Advisory
- Oregon - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Winter Weather Advisory
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Rhode Island -
- Tennessee - Freeze Warning
- Texas - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Freeze Warning
- Washington - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement