Current Watches and Warnings
Wyoming, Cody Foothills
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:11 PM MDT on August 31, 2015
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on September 02, 2015
... Red flag warning in effect until 9 PM MDT Wednesday for strong
wind and low humidity...
The National Weather Service in Riverton has issued a red flag
warning... which is in effect until 9 PM MDT Wednesday.
* Affected area... fire weather zone 276. Fire weather zone 280.
Fire weather zone 281. Fire weather zone 282. Fire weather
zone 283. Fire weather zone 285. Fire weather zone 287. Fire
weather zone 289. Fire weather zone 300. Fire weather zone
* Wind... southwest wind 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 40 mph...
stronger gusts possible late this afternoon... especially in
Fremont and Natrona counties where nearby thunderstorms could
send out strong outflow winds.
* Humidity... 6 to 15 percent... increasing above 30 percent around
sunrise with poor recovery at mid slope. Relative humidity will
fall back below 15 percent on Tuesday late morning... bottoming
out again at around 10 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures will
create extreme fire behavior.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 11:51 AM MDT on August 31, 2015
... NOAA Weather Radio to undergo maintenance for voice
improvement processor repair...
NOAA Weather Radio sites across western and central Wyoming will
undergo maintenance to repair its voice improvement
processor. If new parts are needed... this repair may take
multiple days. In the meantime... NOAA Weather Radio will continue
to operate... however... some may notice an older... sometimes less
clear... radio voice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may
cause. For the latest forecasts... watches... and warnings you can
also visit our website at www.Weather.Gov/Riverton.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Special Weather Statement
- California - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Special Statement , Special Weather Statement , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Air Quality Alert
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, High Surf Warning , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Louisiana - Special Statement
- Maryland - Air Quality Alert
- Montana - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch
- New Jersey - Air Quality Alert
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Special Weather Statement , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Air Quality Alert
- Washington - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement