Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 9:21 PM CDT on October 30, 2014
Expires 7:00 PM EDT on October 31, 2014
... Wind Advisory now in effect from 5 am to 6 PM CDT Friday...
* strong north winds will develop overnight... then continue
through Friday. The highest gusts are expected from daybreak
through midday Friday.
* North winds with sustained speeds of 25 to 35 mph and gusts to
45 mph are expected late tonight into Friday. The highest gusts
are expected near the Bay and along the Lake Michigan shoreline.
* The winds will create hazardous driving conditions for motorists
with high profile vehicles... and could also result in minor
power outages if branches are blown down onto power lines. In
addition... snow showers could result in slippery roadways late
tonight into early Friday morning.
A Wind Advisory means that wind gusts in excess of 45 mph are
expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...
especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Statement as of 2:12 AM CDT on October 31, 2014
Expires 5:00 AM EDT on October 31, 2014
... Wintry weather overspreading the area...
At 200 am... radar indicated clusters of showers... some of which
were producing heavy snow... spreading southeast across Wisconsin.
The heaviest snows were now occurring in central Wisconsin.
Temperatures in this area had been above freezing... so that may
initially prevent much accumulation on the roadways. But as
temperatures fall this morning... some slippery spots could
develop. The heavier snow showers will shift out of this area in
an hour or two... leaving only flurries by daybreak. Snow
accumulations of up to a half inch are possible... mainly on
Meanwhile... the snow showers that were occurring across far
north-central Wisconsin had diminished. The intensity of the snow
in this area will continue to fluctuate as additional snow showers
form over Lake Superior and move inland. But overall... the
snowfall will not be as heavy as it was late Thursday evening.
Temperatures in this area were generally a couple degrees below
freezing... so the gusty winds were producing some blowing and
drifting of the snow. Travel conditions across the region were
reported to be poor... as untreated roadways were snow covered and
As the showers shift into east-central Wisconsin... the initial
precipitation will probably be rain. But falling temperatures
will cause the rain to change to snow... so a burst of fairly heavy
snowfall is possible in east-central Wisconsin during the pre-dawn
hours. Road pavement temperatures should be well above
freezing... so it is unlikely that the snow will accumulate on the
roads. But the combination of reduced visibility due to the
falling snow and increasing north winds could make for hazardous
Anyone traveling this morning should use extra caution. Morning
commuters should allow for extra travel time to get to work this
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arkansas - Lake Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory, Freeze Watch , Lake Wind Advisory, Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement
- Colorado - Freeze Warning
- Georgia - Freeze Watch
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Indiana - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Iowa - Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Freeze Warning
- Kentucky - Freeze Watch , Winter Weather Advisory, Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Michigan - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Freeze Watch
- Missouri - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Ohio - Freeze Watch
- Oklahoma - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Freeze Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Texas - Frost Advisory
- Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Frost Advisory
- Washington - Flood Warning
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin - Wind Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- - Gale Warning