Current Watches and Warnings
Washington, East Slopes of the Washington Cascades
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 3:05 PM PST on December 19, 2014
Expires 7:00 PM EST on December 20, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 10 PM this evening to
4 PM PST Saturday for western Kittitas County...
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for western Kittitas County for snow... which is
in effect from 10 PM this evening to 4 PM PST Saturday.
* Snow accumulations: 2 to 9 inches. The highest accumulations will
be near the Cascade crest and above 2500 feet.
* Timing: light snow will begin overnight. Snow fall will
increase Saturday morning. Snow fall below 3000 feet will
gradually change to rain Saturday afternoon as the snow levels
* Locations include: Cle Elum... Easton
* winds: local wind gusts Saturday may cause drifting snow near
* Impacts: snow accumulating on roadways could cause hazardous
A Winter Weather Advisory is issued when snow is occurring or is
expected to develop and accumulate. Travel may be hazardous...
especially on bridges... overpasses... and secondary roads.
Motorists are urged to use extreme caution... and slow down to
adjust for rapidly changing driving conditions and reduced
visibilities. For additional weather information... check our web
site at www.Weather.Gov/Pendleton.
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:06 PM PST on December 19, 2014
Expires 7:00 PM EST on December 22, 2014
... Flood Watch in effect from Saturday afternoon through Monday
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a
* Flood Watch for portions of Oregon... and Washington... including
the following areas... central Oregon... East Columbia river
gorge of Oregon... east slopes of the Oregon Cascades and north
central Oregon... east slopes of the Washington Cascades and
Simcoe Highlands... eastern Columbia River gorge of
Washington... Kittitas Valley and Yakima Valley.
* From Saturday afternoon through Monday afternoon
* moderate to heavy rainfall along the east slopes of the Cascades
will lead to rising rivers as well as the small creeks and
streams. Snow levels will start off around 3000 feet... but will
quickly rise to over 6000 feet by Sunday afternoon.
* Small creeks and streams will start to rise on Saturday with the
larger rivers seeing substantial rises Saturday night and
Sunday. Minor flooding will be possible Sunday evening into
Monday evening for the Deschutes river near Moody... and the
Naches River near Naches. Several other rivers are expected to
crest at action stage... but are not forecast to reach flood
stage. However... the small creeks and streams could see minor
flooding... especially Sunday as moderate rain and snow melt are
expected to occur.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
- Arkansas - Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Watch , Record Report
- Maine - Record Report
- Minnesota - Winter Weather Advisory
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Weather Statement
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory
- Nevada - Winter Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Winter Storm Watch
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Dense Fog Advisory