Current Watches and Warnings
Washington, Western Whatcom County
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:44 PM PDT on October 21, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on October 23, 2014
... Flood Watch in effect from Wednesday afternoon through late
The National Weather Service in Seattle has expanded the
* Flood Watch to include portions of western Washington...
including the following counties... Skagit... Whatcom ...
* From Wednesday afternoon through late Wednesday night
* heavy rainfall amounts of 3 to 6 inches are possible late
tonight through Wednesday evening for the Cascades from
Snohomish County northward to Whatcom County. This amount of
rainfall would cause small streams and uncontrolled rivers to
rise rapidly on Wednesday and possibly flood. Portions of the
stillaguamish and Nooksack rivers may also see minor flooding
late Wednesday into Wednesday night.
A Flood Watch means conditions are favorable for flooding but
flooding is not imminent or occurring. Monitor the latest
forecasts from the National Weather Service and be ready to act
quickly if flooding is observed or a warning is issued.
Statement as of 9:25 PM PDT on October 21, 2014
Expires 2:00 PM EDT on October 22, 2014
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 11 am PDT Wednesday...
* some affected locations... Bellingham... Mount Vernon... Naval
Air Station whidbey... Port Townsend... San Juan Islands.
* Timing... it will be windy tonight and Wednesday morning.
* Wind... south 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Impacts... winds this strong can snap small tree branches...
topple small or shallow rooted trees... and cause local power
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds of 30 to 39 mph
and/or gusts of 45 to 57 mph are likely.
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Maine - Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Public Information Statement
- Montana - Record Report
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Areal Flood Watch
- New Jersey - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- New York - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory
- Oregon - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Tennessee - Frost Advisory
- Texas - Coastal Flood Statement
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report , Public Information Statement