Current Watches and Warnings
Washington, Moses Lake Area
Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 2:26 AM PDT on June 30, 2016
907 PM PDT Wed Jun 29 2016
... Red flag warning in effect from 3 PM this afternoon to 9 PM
PDT this evening for wind and low relative humidity for
fwz676 (kittitas and Yakima valleys)... fwz677 (wenatchee and
Chelan areas)... west portion of fwz673 (columbia basin west of
The National Weather Service in Spokane has issued a red flag
warning for wind and low relative humidity... which is in effect
from 3 PM this afternoon to 9 PM PDT this evening. The Fire
Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Affected area: fire weather zone 673 East Washington northern
Columbia Basin (zone 673)... fire weather zone 676 East
Washington south central Cascade valleys (zone 676) and fire
weather zone 677 East Washington central Cascade valleys (zone
* Winds: west 15 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph.
* Relative humidities: falling to between 13 to 20 percent mid
afternoon into the early evening.
* Impacts: very dry and breezy conditions will lead to the rapid
spread of any new fire starts.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures will
create extreme fire growth potential.
... Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Thursday afternoon
through Thursday evening for gusty winds and low humidity for
fire weather zone 675...
* affected area... in waz675... fire weather zone 675.
* Timing... winds will increase through the day Thursday and be
strongest in the late afternoon and evening.
* Wind... 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph.
* Humidity... 10 to 20 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Special Statement
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Watch
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Special Statement
- Massachusetts - Dense Fog Advisory
- Missouri - Flash Flood Watch
- Nevada - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Record Report
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- Wyoming - Record Report