Current Watches and Warnings
Washington, Lower Columbia and I - 5 Corridor in Cowlitz County
Statement as of 12:48 PM PDT on August 26, 2016
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on August 26, 2016
... Heat advisory remains in effect until 8 PM PDT this evening for
the Willamette Valley... the lower Columbia River valley... the
Columbia River gorge... and the Upper Hood River Valley...
A heat advisory remains in effect until 8 PM PDT this evening.
* Locations include: St. Helens... Hillsboro... Portland... Oregon
City... Gresham... Salem... McMinnville... Eugene... Springfield...
Corvallis... Albany... Lebanon... Sandy... Estacada... Sweet
Home... Cottage Grove... ODell... Corbett... Hood River...
Longview... Kelso... Vancouver... Battle Ground... Washougal...
Toutle... Ariel... Lake Merwin... Cougar... Carson... Underwood
* high temperatures: 90 to 100.
* Impacts: the elderly... youth... and those without air
conditioning will be vulnerable to the heat. Those working
or exercising outdoors will be at an increased risk of
dehydration and heat-related illness.
A heat advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is
expected in which heat illnesses are possible. Drink plenty of
fluids... stay in an air-conditioned room... stay out of the
sunshine... and check up on relatives and neighbors.
Take extra precautions... if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded
location. Heat stroke is an emergency... call 9 1 1.
Those seeking relief from the heat in the Ocean... Lakes... pools...
or rivers should be diligent about water safety. Wear a life
preserving Vest... maintain a good distance from moving boats...
and only swim to your abilities.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 8:46 AM PDT on August 26, 2016
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am this morning to
9 PM PDT this evening for significantly unstable conditions for
fire weather zones or602... or603... or604... or605... or606...
or607... or608... wa602... wa604 and wa660...
* affected area... in Oregon... fire weather zones 602... 603...
604... 605... 606... 607 and 608. In Washington... fire weather
zones 602... 604 and 660.
* Haines... mid level Haines 6 this afternoon with dry and
* Relative humidity... minimum humidities around 15 percent.
* Temperatures... mid to upper 90s.
* Impacts... due to dry fuel conditions... any fire start has the
potential for rapid wind driven spread. Additionally... fire
starts will have the potential for rapid spread from spotting
and growth due to instability.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
For more information from NOAA/National Weather Service visit...
http://weather.Gov/Portland (all lower case)
Statement as of 5:10 PM PDT on August 27, 2016
... Several daily record high temperatures set today...
Updated high for Salem today
Location August 27 old record / year
Astoria, or 91 90 / 1935
Salem, or 99 98 / 1986 ... updated
Eugene, or 98 96 / 2014
This is a preliminary report with the maximum temperatures reported
as of 510 PM. If necessary, another report will be issued later.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Colorado - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Indiana - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Tornado Watch , Tornado Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Tornado Watch , Tornado Watch , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Montana - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Nebraska - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- New Jersey - Air Quality Alert
- New Mexico - Special Statement
- New York - Record Report
- Ohio - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report