Current Watches and Warnings
Virginia, Southern Fauquier
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:47 PM EDT on September 28, 2016
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on September 30, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect into Friday morning...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Maryland... the District of Columbia... Virginia and
West Virginia... including the following areas... in Maryland...
Anne Arundel... Calvert... Carroll... central and eastern
Allegany... central and southeast Howard... central and
southeast Montgomery... Charles... Frederick MD... northern
Baltimore... northwest Harford... northwest Howard... northwest
Montgomery... Prince Georges... southeast Harford... southern
Baltimore... St. Marys and Washington. The District of
Columbia. In Virginia... Albemarle... Arlington/Falls
Church/Alexandria... Augusta... central Virginia Blue Ridge...
Clarke... Culpeper... eastern Loudoun... Fairfax... Frederick VA...
Greene... King George... Madison... Nelson... northern Fauquier...
northern Virginia Blue Ridge... Orange... Page... Prince
William/Manassas/Manassas Park... Rappahannock... Rockingham...
Shenandoah... southern Fauquier... Spotsylvania... Stafford...
Warren and western Loudoun. In West Virginia... Berkeley...
eastern Mineral... Hampshire... Hardy... Jefferson and Morgan.
* Into Friday morning
* a powerful low pressure system over the Midwest will bring
periods of heavy rain to our area through Thursday night.
* Widespread rainfall amounts of 4 to 8 inches are expected.
Localized amounts up to a foot of rain are possible... including
along the eastern slopes of the northern Virginia Blue Ridge and
Catoctin Mountain in Maryland.
These next few days will be a dangerous time... requiring more
than the usual awareness... planning and preparations.
If you are near streams or drainage ditches... keep an eye on them
and be ready to quickly seek higher ground. Water may rise
Clear out storm drains.
Those prone to basement flooding should prepare. Communities
prone to flooding should prepare.
Continue to check in on the forecast for updates.
Warnings will be issued for areas where flooding is imminent.
Ensure you get warnings from the National Weather Service through
your Mobile phone and or NOAA Weather Radio.
Be prepared to take action if a warning is issued for where you
are or if flooding is observed.
Ensure your kids dont play near flood waters.
Remember if you come across water crossing a Road... turn around
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Special Statement
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Coastal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Beach Hazard Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch
- New Jersey - Coastal Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- New York - Coastal Flood Advisory
- North Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Ohio - Areal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning
- Pennsylvania - Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Virginia - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Weather Statement , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning
- - Small Craft Advisory