Current Watches and Warnings
Utah, West Central Utah
Statement as of 3:39 PM MDT on October 25, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on October 26, 2014
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until midnight MDT tonight...
* affected area... the Salt Lake and Tooele valleys... the Great
Salt Lake Desert and mountains along with the west central and
southwest valleys of Utah.
* Winds... sustained winds of 25 to 35 mph with gusts approaching
* Timing... strong southerly winds will continue through late this
evening. Winds will shift to the west and gradually decrease
* Impacts... strong cross winds will develop along west-to-east
highways across the advisory area. Blowing dust resulting in
reduced visibilities can also be expected across open areas.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained wind speeds of at least
31 mph or gusts of 45 mph are expected. Motorists in the advisory
area should be prepared for sudden gusty cross winds which can
make driving difficult.
For more information from NOAA/National Weather Service visit...
Statement as of 2:50 PM MDT on October 25, 2014
... New record high temperature in Salt Lake City today...
The high temperature so far today at the Salt Lake City
International Airport has been 79 degrees. This breaks
the record high temperature for October 25th of 78 degrees
set in 1979.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , High Wind Watch , Blizzard Watch
- Arizona - Record Report
- California - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , High Surf Advisory , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , Record Report