Current Watches and Warnings
Texas, Southern Jasper
Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 9:42 PM CDT on April 27, 2015
Expires 5:15 PM EDT on April 29, 2015
844 PM CDT sun Apr 26 2015
The Flood Warning continues for
the Neches River near town Bluff.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 9:15 PM Monday the stage was 68.9 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 64.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will remain between 68.6 and 68.9 feet
for the next several days.
* Impact... at stages near 65.0 feet... areas around Barlow Lake and
Brushy Lake begin to flood.
Lat... Lon 3096 9432 3079 9420 3053 9418 3053 9399 3099 9415
... A Flood Warning remains in effect until 415 PM CDT Wednesday for
northwestern Orange... east central Hardin and southern Jasper
At 845 PM CDT... reporting gauges indicate indicated minor flooding
continues along the Neches River from near Weiss Bluff to the
saltwater barrier. The water levels this morning are estimated to be
near 13.4 feet and the latest reading at the saltwater barrier is
3.8 feet. The river is expected to hold nearly steady for the next
day or two.
These water levels will continue to cause additional flooding to
low lying communities along the river in northwest Orange County
from around Lake View to the saltwater barrier through Sunday
A Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or has been reported.
Stream rises will be slow and flash flooding is not expected.
However... all interested parties should take necessary precautions
Lat... Lon 3033 9407 3017 9408 3014 9410 3016 9412
3017 9412 3017 9413 3018 9414 3033 9414
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 11:58 PM CDT on April 27, 2015
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on April 28, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until 7 am CDT Tuesday...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Louisiana and Texas... including the following
areas... in Louisiana... Acadia... Allen... Avoyelles...
Beauregard... Calcasieu... East Cameron... Evangeline... Iberia...
Jefferson Davis... Lafayette... lower St. Martin... Rapides... St.
Landry... St. Mary... upper St. Martin... Vermilion... Vernon and
West Cameron. In Texas... Hardin... Jefferson... northern
Jasper... northern Newton... Orange... southern Jasper... southern
Newton and Tyler.
* Until 7 am CDT Tuesday
* showers and thunderstorms are expected to develop again later
tonight... and rainfall amounts of up to an inch are expected.
* Areas that see heavy rainfall within a short time could
receive flood water to depths that would impact property and
people in those areas. Area creeks... streams and rivers are
also likely to experience rises.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Frost Advisory
- Kansas - Frost Advisory
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Frost Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Frost Advisory
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Frost Advisory
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Frost Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Wyoming - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement