Current Watches and Warnings
Texas, Guadalupe Mountains
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 6:55 PM MDT on September 22, 2014
Expires 8:45 AM EDT on September 23, 2014
The National Weather Service in Midland has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
western Loving County in West Texas...
northwestern Reeves County in southwest Texas...
northern Culberson County in southwest Texas...
southern Eddy County in southeast New Mexico...
* until 645 am MDT Tuesday/745 am CDT Tuesday/
* at 755 PM CDT... local emergency management officials have
reported numerous roads remain closed due to flooding across
Eddy County. Other small roads may be flooded across
northern Culberson County or northwestern Reeves County.
Persons traveling through the area at night should be very
cautious not to drive into areas where water cover the Road.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding. Act quickly if flooding is observed. Move to
Lat... Lon 3246 10477 3248 10376 3171 10375 3171 10490
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:48 PM MDT on September 22, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on September 23, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect through Tuesday morning...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of southeast New Mexico and Texas... including the
following areas... in southeast New Mexico... central Lea
County... Eddy County plains... Guadalupe Mountains of Eddy
County... northern Lea County and southern Lea County. In
Texas... Guadalupe Mountains... Loving... Reeves County and upper
trans Pecos... Van Horn and Highway 54 corridor... Ward and
* Through Tuesday morning
* an additional 1 to 2 inches of rain is possible in the watch
area today... with isolated amounts of up to 3 inches possible.
* Flooding of rivers... creeks... arroyos... low water crossings
and city streets will be possible.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
With saturated soils... runoff can cause flash flooding quickly.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 6:14 PM MDT on September 22, 2014
... Public information statement...
Below is a list of Eddy County Road closures
724 White City Road
725 Longhorn Road at Pecos River
720 Black River Village closed from Highway 285 to bounds
742 John d forehand at the river
408 Dark Canyon
716 Higby hole at the river
746 McDonald Road at the river
795 harroun Road at the bridge
19 Trails End
418 Washington ranch at Black River
19 Trails End
34 Lake Road
1 flat valley
30 Capitan reef
Carlsbad Road closures
Boyd drive at radio Blvd
San Jose at Dark Canyon
Hidalgo at Dark Canyon
Artesia Road closures
Roselawn, 10th and Bowman are all closed at the low water crossings.
State Road 137 is closed.
Carlsbad caverns remain closed.
Do not cross barricades: turn around, dont drown.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Frost Advisory
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Montana - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Frost Advisory
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Washington - Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory