Current Watches and Warnings
Texas, Coastal Cameron
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 3:40 PM CDT on September 16, 2014
Expires 4:30 AM EDT on September 17, 2014
The National Weather Service in Brownsville has issued an
* Arroyo and Small Stream Flood Advisory for...
western Cameron County in deep south Texas.
Southeastern Hidalgo County in deep south Texas.
* Until 330 am CDT Wednesday
* at 337 PM CDT... river gauge data reported that the Arroyo
Colorado had reached 16.9 feet at Harlingen near Arroyo Park.
The Arroyo will continue to rise slowly this evening... cresting
near 17 feet at the gauge site later tonight before beginning to
decrease slowly Wednesday. The Arroyo is flowing over low water
crossings in portions of Cameron County... which will continue as
rain runoff drains into the Arroyo south of Mercedes... flowing
through La Feria and then into Harlingen.
However... if additional heavy rainfall occurs close to the Arroyo
Colorado tonight or Wednesday... additional rises in the water levels
could occur in the Arroyo later this week.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the Road.
The water depth may be too great to allow you to cross safely.
Rapid rising streams or arroyos may exceed their banks. This will
cause minor flooding of nearby low lying areas. Move to higher
Don't become a statistic. Turn around... don't drown!
Lat... Lon 2610 9795 2611 9769 2613 9766 2619 9760
2623 9759 2631 9751 2631 9752 2630 9753
2630 9754 2613 9771 2613 9795
- Alaska - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement , Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report