Current Watches and Warnings
Texas, Coastal Willacy
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 10:05 PM CDT on August 28, 2014
Expires 7:00 PM EDT on August 29, 2014
... High rip current risk remains in effect through Friday
* timing... now through Friday.
* Impacts... surf heights of 3 to 6 feet and increasing period
and swell will result in frequent life threatening rip
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current. ..begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Illinois - Areal Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Maine - High Surf Advisory
- Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Areal Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Texas - Coastal Hazard Statement