Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 9:47 PM CDT on May 22, 2015
Expires 9:30 PM EDT on May 25, 2015
the Flood Warning continues for the Nueces River near Asherton.
* At 9:31 PM Friday the stage was 27.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 20.0 feet.
* Major flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river level will continue falling. The river level will fall
below major flood category by late Friday evening. The river level will
continue falling and is expected to fall below flood stage by Monday
* Impact... at 27.0 feet... major widespread lowland flooding cuts off and
potentially drowns livestock above Uvalde to below Tilden. Most secondary
roads and low bridges near the river flood. Flow is within a foot of the
bottom of The Farm to Market 190 bridge and the approaches are flooded..
Below are the latest river stages and forecasts:
bf fld observed forecast 6am
location stg stg stg day time Sat sun Mon Tue Wed
Asherton 18 20 27.0 Fri 10 PM 26.4 23.3 20.2 16.8 14.1
Lat... Lon 2848 9975 2853 9967 2847 9939 2839 9939
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 1:52 PM CDT on May 22, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on May 24, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch in effect from Saturday afternoon through
The National Weather Service in Austin/San Antonio has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for all of south central Texas... including the
counties of... Atascosa... Bandera... Bastrop...
Bexar... blanco... Burnet... Caldwell... Comal... De Witt...
Dimmit... Edwards... Fayette... frio... Gillespie... Gonzales...
Guadalupe... Hays... Karnes... Kendall... Kerr... Kinney... Lavaca...
Lee... Llano... Maverick... Medina... real... Travis... Uvalde... Val
Verde... Williamson... Wilson and Zavala.
* From Saturday afternoon through Sunday evening
* persistent thunderstorms capable of heavy rainfall are expected
to develop and slowly move through the area. Rainfall totals of
2-4 inches are expected... with isolated 6 inch amounts possible.
* Due to the very moist conditions of the grounds and soils in the
area... rapid flash flooding of low water crossings and some
roadways will be possible where heavy rains develop. Area rivers
and streams are also elevated. Some of these rivers and streams
may reach their flood stages very quickly.
A Flash Flood Watch means flash flooding is possible in or near
the watch area. If you are in the watch area... plan now for what
you will do if flash flooding develops. Stay informed and be
ready to act if you see flooding or if a Flash Flood Warning is
Do not drive into flooded roadways. The majority of flood related
fatalities occur in vehicles. If you see a flooded
roadway... remember... turn around... dont drown.
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Connecticut - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory
- Kansas - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Maryland - Frost Advisory
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Michigan - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- New Mexico - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New York - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Ohio - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory
- Wyoming - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement