Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 3:05 AM CDT on May 29, 2016
Expires 10:49 PM EDT on May 29, 2016
... Observed flooding increased from minor to moderate severity...
... Forecast flooding increased from minor to major severity...
the Flood Warning continues for
the Guadalupe River at Comfort.
* Until this evening... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 2:45 am Sunday the stage was 26.5 feet.
* Flood stage is 21.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and major flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 28.8 feet by early this
morning. The river will fall below flood stage late this morning.
* Impact... at 28.0 feet... major flooding reaches the lowest residences above
Center Point to near Comfort. Numerous secondary and primary roads are flooded
making low bridges and crossings extremely dangerous. Water approaches a
Mobile Home Park in Center Point. As the Guadalupe River backs up Cypress
Creek in the west part of Comfort, additional flow in Cypress Creek floods
* flood history... this crest compares to a previous crest of 29.4 feet on may 26
Below are the latest river stages and forecasts:
bf fld observed forecast 7am
location stg stg stg day time sun Mon Tue Wed Thu
Comfort 10 21 26.5 sun 03 am 26.5 7.9 6.6 5.9 5.5
Lat... Lon 2993 9891 3000 9890 2996 9863 2990 9840
2983 9839 2988 9864
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 7:32 AM CDT on May 29, 2016
Expires 11:30 AM EDT on May 29, 2016
The National Weather Service in Austin San Antonio has issued a
* small stream Flood Advisory for rapid rises for...
southeastern Kerr County in south central Texas...
Kendall County in south central Texas...
Uvalde County in south central Texas...
Bandera County in south central Texas...
Medina County in south central Texas...
* until 1030 am CDT
* at 724 am CDT... Doppler radar indicated that most of the heavy
rains have decreased over much of the central and southern
portions of The Hill Country and northern reaches of the Rio
Grande plains. However... the recent heavy rainfall will continue
to send floodwaters down larger streams and rivers.
River rises may impact travel and camping interests over the
following river basins... the Sabinal river... Seco creek... Medina
River... Guadalupe River... and upper parts of Cibolo creek. Monitor
the latest information from the National Weather Service and local
media outlets to remain aware of possible river flood waves that
could impact your location. Motorists should be prepared to find
numerous secondary roadways that impassable from larger stream and
river flooding over this advisory area.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Medina... Kerrville... Boerne... Hondo... Devine... Castroville... Comfort...
Bandera... Tarpley... Fair Oaks Ranch... Lytle... Sabinal... Natalia...
Lacoste... Laguna... D'Hanis... Pearson... Bader... Noonan and Kerrville
Turn around... don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small
creeks and streams... country roads... farmland... and other low lying
Flooding is occurring or is imminent. It is important to know where
you are relative to streams... rivers... or creeks which can become
killers in heavy rains. Campers and hikers should avoid streams or
Lat... Lon 2910 9953 2942 10002 2963 9989 2963 9956
2991 9941 3012 9909 3013 9870 2993 9858
2975 9866 2971 9881 2910 9880
- Alaska - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Georgia - Hurricane Statement , Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Record Report
- Michigan - Record Report
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Record Report
- New Jersey - Special Statement , Record Report
- New York - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- North Carolina - Hurricane Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement , Record Report
- Rhode Island - Record Report
- South Carolina - Tropical Storm Warning , Hurricane Statement , Flash Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Flood Warning