Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 8:04 PM CDT on August 28, 2014
Expires 10:00 PM EDT on August 28, 2014
... Significant weather advisory effective until 900 PM CDT for
Haskell... Throckmorton... northern Jones... and northern Shackelford
Potential storm hazards include...
frequent and dangerous lightning
gusty winds and small hail
At 755 PM CDT... the leading edge of an area of strong thunderstorms
was located 6 miles southeast of Weinert... or about 8 miles
northeast of Haskell... and moving east at 35 mph.
Numerous cloud to ground lightning strikes are occurring! Wind gusts
to 35 mph and small hail are also expected with these storms.
Potential storm impacts include...
fire ignited by lightning...
localized short duration power outages...
lightning may cause possible injury or death to people remaining
hazardous driving conditions with ponding of water on roads...
People outside should seek inside shelter until the storms have
passed. Lightning is one of natures number one killers. Remember...
if you can hear thunder... you are close enough to be struck by
The strong thunderstorms will be near...
Irby by 805 PM CDT
the intersection of US-380 and Highway 222 by 825 PM CDT
the intersection of US-183 and US-283 and Throckmorton by 840 PM
Woodson by 855 PM CDT
Lat... Lon 3339 9895 3296 9895 3295 9908 3288 9909
3289 9970 3296 10000 3340 9999
time... Mot... loc 0058z 291deg 31kt 3323 9960
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Indiana - Areal Flood Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Areal Flood Advisory
- Maine - High Surf Advisory
- Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Montana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Nebraska - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - High Surf Advisory
- New Jersey - Coastal Hazard Statement
- New York - High Surf Advisory
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Special Statement
- Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Tornado Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement