Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 10:49 AM CDT on May 31, 2016
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on June 02, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch in effect through Thursday morning...
The National Weather Service in Fort Worth has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of north central Texas and south
central Texas... including the following areas... in north central
Texas... Bell... Bosque... Collin... Comanche... Cooke...
Coryell... Dallas... Denton... Eastland... Ellis... Erath... falls...
Grayson... Hamilton... Hill... Hood... Jack... Johnson...
Lampasas... McLennan... Mills... Montague... Palo Pinto...
Parker... Rockwall... Somervell... Stephens... Tarrant... wise and
Young. In south central Texas... Milam.
* Through Thursday morning
* several rounds of showers and thunderstorms are expected across
north and central Texas beginning today and continuing through
much of the week. Conditions will be tropical-like with
thunderstorms producing very heavy rainfall in short periods of
time. Many areas have already received heavy rainfall over the
last week and additional rainfall is likely to cause flooding.
* Amounts... widespread rainfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches can be
expected through Friday. Isolated heavier amounts in excess of 5
inches will be possible.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions are favorable for heavy
rain which may lead to flash flooding. You should monitor the
latest forecasts from the National Weather Service and be
prepared to take action should flash flood warnings be issued for
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Excessive Heat Watch , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Special Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Excessive Heat Watch
- New Jersey - Special Statement
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Flood Warning