Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Warning
Statement as of 11:33 PM CDT on July 30, 2014
Expires 2:30 AM EDT on July 31, 2014
The National Weather Service in Fort Worth has issued a
* Flash Flood Warning for...
Cooke County in north central Texas
* until 130 am CDT
* at 1132 PM CDT... National Weather Service meteorologists detected
thunderstorms with heavy rainfall along a line extending from 12
miles east of ray Roberts Park Johnson branch to 13 miles south of
Muenster... moving southeast at 25 mph. Very heavy rains have
already occurred across the warned area... and additional heavy
rainfall will result in flash flooding through 130 am CDT.
* The storms producing the heavy rainfall will otherwise remain over
mainly rural areas of the indicated County.
This recent rain is in addition to over an inch that fell early
today. More thunderstorms are developing to the west of the area and
will likely train over the area already soaked by the earlier rains.
Do not drive through water of unknown depth. Turn around... dont
drown. It only takes two feet of moving water to carry away most
vehicles... including pickups and sport utility vehicles. Take a
different Route to reach your destination or wait until water
recedes. Children should never play around high water... drainage
ditches... storm drains... or flooded streams.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flash floods. It is very difficult at night to tell how
much water is on the roads or if the Road has been damaged or washed
away. Take a different Route to reach your destination or wait until
Lat... Lon 3372 9695 3361 9694 3342 9695 3343 9742
3344 9749 3373 9749
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 11:13 PM CDT on July 30, 2014
Expires 1:45 AM EDT on July 31, 2014
The National Weather Service in Fort Worth has issued an
* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for...
Cooke County in north central Texas
* until 1245 am CDT
* at 1112 PM CDT National Weather Service meteorologists received a
report of street flooding in Gainesville. Continued runoff from
heavy rains moving southeast across the County may result in
flooding of small creeks and streams... as well as
streets... underpasses... and other poor drainage locations in urban
Significant ponding of water on roadways can be expected. Motorists
should slow down during heavy downpours to avoid losing control.
Children should never play around high water... drainage ditches...
storm drains... or flooded streams.
Lat... Lon 3373 9694 3342 9694 3342 9706 3344 9748
Local Storm Report
07/30/2014 1110 PM
Gainesville, Cooke County.
Flood, reported by Emergency Mngr.
Some intersections in Gainesville have 2+ feet of water
over them and are being closed. These sections normally
fill with water when heavy rain occurs
- Alabama - Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Maryland - Record Report
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report