Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 3:51 PM CDT on July 23, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on July 25, 2014
... Heat advisory now in effect until 7 PM CDT Friday...
* temperature... afternoon heat index values around 105 degrees
are expected again Thursday and Friday.
* Impacts... those exposed to the extreme heat over a prolonged
period may develop heat related illnesses.
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work... the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency... call 9 1 1.
Local Storm Report
07/23/2014 0820 PM
3 miles se of Charlie, Clay County.
Hail e1.75 inch, reported by public.
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Areal Flood Advisory
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Nevada - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Advisory , Record Report
- New Jersey - Special Statement
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- New York - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement