Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 1:29 PM MDT on September 20, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on September 21, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect through Sunday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of southeast New Mexico and Texas... including the
following areas... in southeast New Mexico... central Lea
County... Eddy County plains... Guadalupe Mountains of Eddy
County... northern Lea County and southern Lea County. In
Texas... Andrews... Borden... Crane... Davis/Apache Mountains
area... Dawson... Ector... Gaines... Glasscock... Guadalupe
Mountains... Howard... Loving... Martin... Midland... Mitchell...
Pecos... Reagan... Reeves County and upper trans Pecos...
Scurry... Upton... Van Horn and Highway 54 corridor... Ward and
* Through Sunday evening
* an additional 1 to 2 inches of rain is possible in the watch
area through Sunday... with isolated amounts of 3 to 5 inches.
* Flooding of rivers... creeks... arroyos... low water crossings and
city streets will be possible.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement
- Utah - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Coastal Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report , Public Information Statement