Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:58 AM MDT on September 20, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on September 20, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect through this evening...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of southeast New Mexico and Texas... including the
following areas... in southeast New Mexico... central Lea
County... Eddy County plains... Guadalupe Mountains of Eddy
County... northern Lea County and southern Lea County. In
Texas... Andrews... Borden... Crane... Davis/Apache Mountains
area... Dawson... Ector... Gaines... Glasscock... Guadalupe
Mountains... Howard... Loving... Martin... Midland... Mitchell...
Pecos... Reagan... Reeves County and upper trans Pecos...
Scurry... Upton... Van Horn and Highway 54 corridor... Ward and
* Until this evening
* abundant moisture from the remnants of Tropical Storm Odile
will continue to move into the region. An additional 1 to 2
inches of rain is possible in the watch area through tonight...
with isolated amounts of 3 or greater.
* Flooding of creeks... arroyos... low water crossings and city
streets will be possible.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Beach Hazard Statement
- Missouri - Special Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Texas - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report