Current Watches and Warnings
Texas, Van Horn and Highway 54 Corridor
Flash Flood Warning
Statement as of 11:37 PM MDT on September 17, 2014
Expires 7:30 AM EDT on September 18, 2014
The National Weather Service in El Paso has issued a
* Flash Flood Warning for...
El Paso County in southwest Texas...
Hudspeth County in southwest Texas...
south central Dona Ana County in south central New Mexico...
* until 530 am MDT Thursday/630 am CDT/
* at 1128 PM MDT/1228 am CDT/... National Weather Service Doppler
radar indicated slow moving thunderstorms with very heavy rainfall
across the warned area.
* Locations impacted include...
east El Paso...
northeast El Paso...
west El Paso...
central El Paso...
Colonia del paso...
lake way estates...
Franklin Mountains State Park...
Emergency flood operations continue.
The heavy rainfall will slowly abate and move eastward tonight
however the effects of this serious flooding in terms of Road closures
and overall damage will persist overnight into the early morning
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding. If flash flooding is observed act quickly. Do
not enter the water. Turn around and move up to higher ground to
escape flood waters.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of urban
drainage basins... highways... streets and underpasses as well as other
poor drainage areas and low lying areas.
Continue to monitor weather and Road conditions via NOAA Weather Radio and
the TV and radio media along with social media.
Lat... Lon 3103 10559 3109 10562 3115 10577 3138 10600
3139 10609 3146 10621 3174 10641 3178 10667
3197 10675 3197 10495 3064 10494
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 9:48 PM MDT on September 17, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on September 18, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until 7 am CDT /6 am MDT/
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of southeast New Mexico and southwest Texas...
including the following areas... in southeast New Mexico...
central Lea County... Eddy County plains... Guadalupe Mountains
of Eddy County... northern Lea County and southern Lea County.
In southwest Texas... Guadalupe Mountains and Van Horn and
Highway 54 corridor.
* Until 7 am CDT /6 am MDT/ Thursday
* abundant moisture from the remnants of Tropical Storm Odile
will move into the region through tonight... increasing the
chances for showers and thunderstorms producing heavy rainfall
on already saturated soils. One inch of rainfall is possible
in these areas... with locally higher amounts over 2 inches
* Flooding of creeks... arroyos... low water crossings... and city
streets will be possible.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Maine - Freeze Watch
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Michigan - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Minnesota - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Special Statement , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Freeze Watch
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch, Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Freeze Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Special Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Freeze Watch
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Wyoming - Record Report