Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 1:24 PM MDT on September 21, 2014
Expires 2:00 PM EDT on September 22, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect through Monday afternoon...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of southeast New Mexico and Texas... including the
following areas... in southeast New Mexico... central Lea
County... Eddy County plains... Guadalupe Mountains of Eddy
County... northern Lea County and southern Lea County. In
Texas... Andrews... Borden... Crane... Davis/Apache Mountains
area... Dawson... Ector... Gaines... Glasscock... Guadalupe
Mountains... Howard... Loving... Martin... Midland... Mitchell...
Pecos... Reagan... Reeves County and upper trans Pecos...
Scurry... Upton... Van Horn and Highway 54 corridor... Ward and
* Through Monday morning
* an additional 1 to 2 inches of rain is possible in the watch
area today... with isolated amounts of 3 to 5 inches possible...
particularly in southeast New Mexico as well as the central and
northern Permian Basin.
* Flooding of rivers... creeks... arroyos... low water crossings
and city streets will be possible.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
With saturated soils... runoff can cause flash flooding quickly.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory
- Arizona - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Maine - Dense Fog Advisory
- Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Michigan - Frost Advisory
- Nevada - Dense Smoke Advisory , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory , Special Statement
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement