Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 2:58 AM MDT on September 20, 2014
Expires 7:15 AM EDT on September 20, 2014
309 am CDT Sat Sep 20 2014
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect through this evening...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of southeast New Mexico and Texas... including the
following areas... in southeast New Mexico... central Lea
County... Eddy County plains... Guadalupe Mountains of Eddy
County... northern Lea County and southern Lea County. In
Texas... Andrews... Borden... Crane... Davis/Apache Mountains
area... Dawson... Ector... Gaines... Glasscock... Guadalupe
Mountains... Howard... Loving... Martin... Midland... Mitchell...
Pecos... Reagan... Reeves County and upper trans Pecos...
Scurry... Upton... Van Horn and Highway 54 corridor... Ward and
* Until this evening
* abundant moisture from the remnants of Tropical Storm Odile
will continue to move into the region. An additional 1 to 2
inches of rain is possible in the watch area through tonight...
with isolated amounts of 3 or greater.
* Flooding of creeks... arroyos... low water crossings and city
streets will be possible.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
The National Weather Service in Midland has issued a
* small stream Flood Advisory for...
Martin County in West Texas...
* until 615 am CDT
* at 306 am CDT... National Weather Service meteorologists detected
a thunderstorm near Lenorah... or 11 miles northwest of Stanton
producing heavy rainfall. This may lead to minor flooding of area
roadways. This storm was moving east at 15 mph.
* The thunderstorm producing minor flooding will affect the following
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding. Act quickly if flooding is observed. Move to
Lat... Lon 3247 10219 3248 10175 3210 10177 3210 10219
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Maine - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Beach Hazard Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Missouri - Special Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report