Current Watches and Warnings
South Carolina, Charleston
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 3:15 PM EDT on July 25, 2014
Expires 4:45 PM EDT on July 25, 2014
The National Weather Service in Charleston has issued a
* Flood Advisory for minor flooding of poor drainage areas in...
Charleston County in southeast South Carolina...
extreme southeastern Colleton County in southeast South Carolina...
* until 445 PM EDT
* at 310 PM EDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated
strong thunderstorms producing heavy rain through much of central
and northeast Charleston County. The area of heavy rain was nearly
Radar has indicated that up to 4 inches of rainfall has occured
over portions of rural Charleston County. An additional 2 to 3
inches will be possible over the area.
* Locations in the advisory include but are not limited to...
rivertowne... Park West... dunes west... Garris Landing...
This heavy rainfall will result in significant ponding of water on
area roads and in low spots. Slow down to reduce the risk of
hydroplaning. If water covers the entire roadway or is flowing... find
another Route. The water is probably much deeper than it appears and
only one foot of water can stall a vehicle. When encountering flooded
roads make the smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
Lat... Lon 3300 7936 3301 7957 3297 7955 3295 7961
3291 7957 3280 7973 3275 7984 3278 7991
3268 7988 3261 8000 3251 8028 3272 8040
3290 8001 3291 7995 3281 7992 3278 7992
3286 7990 3304 7971 3318 7943 3311 7929
Statement as of 4:29 PM EDT on July 25, 2014
Expires 5:00 PM EDT on July 25, 2014
... Strong thunderstorms will impact portions of Charleston... Colleton
and Beaufort counties through 500 PM EDT...
At 424 PM EDT... National Weather Service meteorologists detected
strong thunderstorms... along a line extending from Edisto Island to
Bennetts Point to eddings point... moving east at 10 mph.
Some locations that will be affected include...
Edisto Island... eddings point... Edisto Beach State Park... Coffin
Point... Harbor Island... Edisto Beach...
Prepare now for the following hazards...
gusty winds of 40 to 50 mph...
Frequent lightning is occurring with this thunderstorm. If
outdoors... stay away from isolated tall objects. If indoors... stay
away from windows and doors. Avoid using plumbing and electrical
appliances unless it is an emergency.
Be alert for rapidly changing weather conditions as storms approach.
Be ready to take immediate action in case a Severe Thunderstorm
Warning is issued for your location.
Lat... Lon 3245 8036 3243 8035 3245 8037 3248 8034
3250 8035 3247 8040 3250 8043 3249 8047
3246 8048 3241 8046 3243 8044 3242 8045
3241 8043 3238 8043 3245 8064 3252 8067
3257 8049 3263 8033 3253 8025
time... Mot... loc 2028z 287deg 7kt 3256 8028 3250 8040
Local Storm Report
07/25/2014 0310 PM
1 miles NW of mcclellanvill, Charleston County.
Thunderstorm wind damage, reported by Fire Dept/Rescue.
Multiple trees down on SC Hwy 45 near intersection with
US Hwy 17.
- Alaska - Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Areal Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Special Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement , Record Report
- Iowa - Heat Advisory , Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement , Record Report
- Maryland - Record Report
- Minnesota - Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Nebraska - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Heat Advisory, Excessive Heat Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- Puerto Rico - Areal Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- South Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement