Current Watches and Warnings
South Carolina, Kershaw
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 4:46 AM EDT on September 19, 2014
Expires 6:45 AM EDT on September 19, 2014
The National Weather Service in Columbia has issued an
* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for minor flooding of poor
drainage areas in...
Fairfield County in central South Carolina...
this includes the city of Winnsboro...
Kershaw County in central South Carolina...
this includes the city of Camden...
* until 645 am EDT
* at 444 am EDT Weather Service radar indicated moderate rainfall
over portions of Kershaw and Fairfield counties. Rainfall amounts
over the past hour have amounted to between 1 and 2 inches... with
additional rainfall amounts of 1 to 2 inches still possible over the
next hour. This will cause some minor flooding along
roadways... small streams... and low-lying areas.
Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle into
areas where the water covers the roadway. Flood waters are usually
deeper than they appear. Just one foot of flowing water is powerful
enough to sweep vehicles off the Road. When encountering flooded
roads make the smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause elevated levels on
small creeks and streams... and ponding of water on country roads and
farmland along the banks of creeks and streams.
Report large hail... damaging winds or flooding to your County
sheriff... or use www.Facebook.Com/nwscolumbia and email
caewx@noaa.Gov to relay severe weather reports.
Lat... Lon 3455 8088 3448 8090 3446 8088 3454 8075
3448 8074 3452 8070 3448 8066 3450 8062
3449 8058 3449 8055 3452 8053 3452 8046
3425 8053 3432 8136 3441 8141 3454 8144
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Maine - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Special Statement
- New Hampshire - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory
- Puerto Rico - Areal Flood Advisory, Flood Watch , Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report