Current Watches and Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 3:11 AM EDT on March 31, 2015
Expires 6:00 PM EDT on March 31, 2015
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 8 am this morning to
6 PM EDT this evening...
The National Weather Service in State College has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow... which is in effect from 8 am this
morning to 6 PM EDT this evening.
* Locations... the central and northwest mountains of Pennsylvania.
* Hazard types... wet snow.
* Snow accumulations... ranging from 2 or 3 inches in the valleys
near Interstate 80... to 4 or 5 inches across the higher terrain.
* Timing... snow will spread quickly east into the region during
the mid to late morning hours. Rain will likely be mixed in
right at the onset... followed by the precipitation changing to
all snow. The snow will be wet since air temperatures will be in
* Impacts... isolated power outages due to the weight of the wet
snow on trees... which could be snapped and fall onto utility
lines. Untreated roads could become slushy during periods of
moderate to heavy snow.
* Winds... light and variable.
* Temperatures... mainly in the lower to mid 30s during the main
period of accumulating snow... from the mid morning to early
Hazardous winter weather conditions are expected or occurring.
Use caution if traveling. For the latest weather information... go
to weather.Gov/statecollege or monitor NOAA Weather Radio.
Report snow or ice accumulation to the National Weather Service
State College by sending an email to ctp.Stormreports@noaa.Gov...
posting to the NWS State College facebook Page... or tweet
@nwsstatecollege with the hashtag c... T... p... W... x.
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Special Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Maryland - Special Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Dense Fog Advisory
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Warning
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Jersey - Winter Weather Advisory
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Winter Weather Advisory
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- South Dakota - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Texas - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Washington - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report