Current Watches and Warnings
Oregon, East Slopes of the Oregon Cascades
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:00 PM PDT on July 21, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on July 23, 2014
... Red flag warning in effect from 11 am Tuesday to 5 PM PDT
Wednesday for thunderstorms producing abundant lightning across
fire weather zones or610... or611 and or640...
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a red flag
warning for thunderstorms producing abundant lightning... which is
in effect from 11 am Tuesday to 5 PM PDT Wednesday. The Fire
Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Affected area... in orz610... fire weather zone 610 east slopes
of central Oregon Cascades. In orz611... fire weather zone 611
Deschutes National Forest -minus Sisters Ranger district. In
orz640... fire weather zone 640 central mountains of Oregon.
* Timing... storms will develop around mid-day Tuesday and
occasional scattered thunderstorms will be possible through
* Thunderstorms... some storms may become strong with outflow
winds around 40 mph and small hail.
* Precipitation... there will be a mix of wet and dry storms with
anywhere from a few hundredths of an inch to over one quarter
of an inch of rain possible.
* Lightning activity level... 3.
* Impacts... frequent lightning and critically dry fuels may
result in numerous fire starts.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Watch
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Excessive Heat Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Heat Advisory
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Michigan - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Beach Hazard Statement, Air Quality Alert , Air Quality Alert
- Minnesota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Warning , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Heat Advisory
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Watch
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Watch
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning
- Wisconsin - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement