Current Watches and Warnings
Oregon, Southern Blue Mountains of Oregon
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 9:26 PM PDT on July 29, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on August 03, 2014
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Wednesday afternoon through
Saturday evening for thunderstorms producing abundant lightning
across fire weather zones or610... or611... or640... or642... or643...
or644... or645... wa643 and wa645...
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a Fire
Weather Watch for thunderstorms producing abundant lightning...
which is in effect from Wednesday afternoon through Saturday
* Affected area... in orz610... fire weather zone 610 east slopes
of central Oregon Cascades. In orz611... fire weather zone 611
Deschutes National Forest -minus Sisters Ranger district. In
orz640... fire weather zone 640 central mountains of Oregon. In
orz642... fire weather zone 642 southern blue and Strawberry
mountains. In orz643... fire weather zone 643 northern Blue
Mountains of Oregon. In orz644... fire weather zone 644 central
Blue Mountains. In orz645... fire weather zone 645 Wallowa
district. In waz643... fire weather zone 643 Blue Mountains of
Washington. In waz645... fire weather zone 645 Asotin County.
* Timing... scattered thunderstorms will develop each afternoon and
evening beginning Wednesday and continuing through Saturday.
* Thunderstorms... some of the thunderstorms could produce erratic
winds with gusts to 40 mph and pea to Marble size hail.
* Precipitation... there will be a mix of wet and dry thunderstorms
with anywhere from a few hundredths of an inch to a quarter inch
of rain possible.
* Lightning activity level... 2 to 3 on Wednesday and 3 to locally 4
Thursday through Saturday.
* Impacts... frequent lightning and critically dry fuels may
result in numerous fire starts.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.
Statement as of 5:14 PM PDT on July 29, 2014
... New daily record high temperatures for July 28th...
Note: stations marked with * indicate that the station reports once
per day. For consistency... these values are considered to have
occurred on the day the observation was taken but may have actually
occurred (especially for Max temperature) on the previous day.
Station previous new records
record/year record began
Pendleton(arpt), or 104 / 2003 104 (tied) 1934
Yakima, WA 102 / 2003 105 1909
- Alabama - Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Record Report
- Guam - Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Illinois - Record Report
- Indiana - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Maryland - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Record Report
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Dense Fog Advisory
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch
- New Mexico - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Watch
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report