Current Watches and Warnings
Oregon, Upper Hood River Valley
Excessive Heat Warning
Statement as of 7:38 AM PDT on July 30, 2015
... Excessive heat warning remains in effect from noon today to
9 PM PDT Friday for the Willamette Valley... Columbia River gorge
and Upper Hood River Valley...
An excessive heat warning remains in effect from noon today to
9 PM PDT Friday.
* Timing: today and Friday.
* High temperatures: 100 to 105 degrees. Hottest in the central
and southern Willamette Valley and central Columbia River gorge.
* Low temperatures: 60 to 65 degrees.
* Duration uncertainty: 90 to 98 degree temperatures will likely
persist through the weekend and possibly into Monday. The
hottest temperatures will remain in the central and southern
Willamette Valley and central Columbia River gorge.
* Locations include: Eugene... Springfield... Corvallis...
Albany... Salem... McMinnville... Hillsboro... Portland...
Oregon City... Gresham... Vancouver... Battle Ground...
* impacts: do not leave children and pets unattended in
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency... call 9 1 1.
Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:38 PM PDT on July 30, 2015
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on August 01, 2015
218 PM PDT Thu Jul 30 2015
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Friday morning through
Friday evening for gusty winds and low humidity for fire weather
zones 639 and 639...
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a Fire
Weather Watch... which is in effect from Friday morning through
* Affected area... in orz639... fire weather zone 639. In waz639...
fire weather zone 639.
* Timing... winds are expected to increase out of the west Friday
afternoon. These winds will persist through the evening before
diminishing after sunset.
* Wind... west winds 10 to 15 mph.
* Humidity... 8 to 11 percent.
* Haines... 5.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 11 PM PDT Friday for
hot... dry... unstable conditions combined with critically dry fuels
for fire weather zones or602... or603... or604... or605... or606...
or607... or608... wa602... wa604 and wa660...
* affected zones... in Oregon... fire weather zones 602... 603...
604... 605... 606... 607 and 608. In Washington... fire weather
zones 602... 604 and 660.
* Affected areas... this includes Gifford Pinchot National
Forest... Mt Hood National Forest west of the Cascade crest...
the Willamette National Forest... portions of the Siuslaw
National Forest... the Willamette Valley and adjacent
foothills... as well as the Clark County lowlands. Odf... blm...
and Washington dnr lands are included as well.
* Timing... now through Friday evening.
* Stability... mid level Haines 6... with high level Haines 5.
* Relative humidity... 10 to 20 percent in many areas. Overnight
recoveries will be poor along and above thermal belts.
* Temperatures... generally 100 to 105 over The Lowlands... and 85
to 95 in the higher elevations.
* Impacts... the combination of an increasingly hot... dry... and
unstable environment and very dry fuels may result in rapid
growth of new or existing fires.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of the
above conditions can contribute to extreme fire behavior.
For more information from NOAA/National Weather Service visit...
Statement as of 7:19 PM PDT on July 30, 2015
... Record high temperatures set today at multiple locations...
Location preliminary high temp previous record/year
Hillsboro Airport 103 99 / 1992
McMinnville Airport 106 104 / 1965
Salem Airport 105 103 / 1965
Eugene Airport 105 99 / 2003
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Delaware - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Maine - Record Report
- Maryland - Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Record Report
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report