Current Watches and Warnings
Oregon, Cascade Foothills in Lane County
Statement as of 7:38 AM PDT on July 30, 2015
... Heat advisory remains in effect until 9 PM PDT Friday for the
Oregon Cascade foothills...
A heat advisory remains in effect until 9 PM PDT Friday.
* Timing: today and Friday.
* High temperatures: 95 to 100 degrees.
* Low temperatures: 55 to 65 degrees.
* Duration uncertainty: 85 to 95 degree temperatures will likely
persist through the weekend... and possibly into Monday for the
* Locations include: Vernonia... St. Helens... Veneta...
* impacts: do not leave children and pets unattended in
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency... call 9 1 1.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:18 PM PDT on July 30, 2015
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on August 01, 2015
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 11 PM PDT Friday for
hot... dry... unstable conditions combined with critically dry fuels
for fire weather zones or602... or603... or604... or605... or606...
or607... or608... wa602... wa604 and wa660...
* affected zones... in Oregon... fire weather zones 602... 603...
604... 605... 606... 607 and 608. In Washington... fire weather
zones 602... 604 and 660.
* Affected areas... this includes Gifford Pinchot National
Forest... Mt Hood National Forest west of the Cascade crest...
the Willamette National Forest... portions of the Siuslaw
National Forest... the Willamette Valley and adjacent
foothills... as well as the Clark County lowlands. Odf... blm...
and Washington dnr lands are included as well.
* Timing... now through Friday evening.
* Stability... mid level Haines 6... with high level Haines 5.
* Relative humidity... 10 to 20 percent in many areas. Overnight
recoveries will be poor along and above thermal belts.
* Temperatures... generally 100 to 105 over The Lowlands... and 85
to 95 in the higher elevations.
* Impacts... the combination of an increasingly hot... dry... and
unstable environment and very dry fuels may result in rapid
growth of new or existing fires.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of the
above conditions can contribute to extreme fire behavior.
For more information from NOAA/National Weather Service visit...
Statement as of 7:19 PM PDT on July 30, 2015
... Record high temperatures set today at multiple locations...
Location preliminary high temp previous record/year
Hillsboro Airport 103 99 / 1992
McMinnville Airport 106 104 / 1965
Salem Airport 105 103 / 1965
Eugene Airport 105 99 / 2003
- Alabama - Public Information Statement
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Maine - Record Report
- Maryland - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Montana - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Record Report
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Watch
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- Rhode Island - Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report , Public Information Statement