Current Watches and Warnings
Oregon, Northern Oregon Cascade Foothills
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 11:38 PM PST on March 08, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on March 09, 2014
... Flood Watch remains in effect through Sunday afternoon for
portions of northwest Oregon and southwest Washington...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of northwest Oregon and southwest Washington...
including the following areas... in northwest Oregon... central
Willamette Valley... Coast Range of northwest Oregon... greater
Portland Metro area... lower Columbia... north Oregon coast and
northern Oregon Cascade foothills. In southwest Washington...
Greater Vancouver area... I-5 corridor in Cowlitz County...
South Washington Cascade foothills... South Washington coast
and Willapa Hills.
* Through Sunday afternoon
* rainfall totals of 1 to 3 inches through Sunday morning will
cause sharp rises on some rivers and creeks.
* Minor flooding is possible along some rivers and creeks draining
the Willapa Hills... the north Oregon Coast Range... and the north
Oregon Cascades. Rivers of greatest concern include the Grays
River near Rosburg in southwest Washington... the lower Nehalem
river at Foss in the north Oregon Coast Range... and the
Clackamas river at Estacada. Minor flooding is also possible
along creeks and in low areas of the north and central
Willamette Valley and southwest Washington interior. Urban areas
that might be affected include Portland... Salem... Vancouver... and
* A Flood Warning is in effect for the Grays River in southwest
Washington through Sunday afternoon.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
Landslides and debris flows are possible during this flood event.
People... structures and roads located below steep slopes... in
canyons and near the mouths of canyons may be at serious risk
from rapidly moving landslides.
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
The next update for this watch will be issued by
- Alaska - Winter Storm Watch , Blizzard Watch , Wind Chill Advisory , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Areal Flood Advisory, Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory, Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory
- New Hampshire - Special Weather Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Special Statement
- Oregon - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning
- Texas - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement