Current Watches and Warnings
Oregon, South Willamette Valley
Dense Fog Advisory
Statement as of 1:25 AM PDT on October 09, 2015
Expires 1:00 PM EDT on October 09, 2015
... Dense fog advisory in effect for the Willamette Valley and
lower Columbia until 10 am PDT this morning...
The National Weather Service in Portland has issued a dense fog
advisory... which is in effect until 10 am PDT this morning.
* Visibility: one quarter mile or less... although visibility will
vary over time and distance.
* Timing: some observation sites are already reporting dense fog
and areal coverage will only increase through the overnight
hours. Visibility is expected to increase for the day by mid
* Locations include: Vernonia... Veneta... St. Helens...
Hillsboro... Portland... Oregon City... Salem... McMinnville...
Eugene... Springfield... Corvallis... Albany... Estacada... Sweet
Home... Cottage Grove... Longview... Kelso... Vancouver... Battle
Ground... Toutle... Lake Merwin... Cougar
* impacts: low visibility may make driving hazardous... especially
as visibility may decrease quickly over short distances on area
A dense fog advisory means visibilities will frequently be
reduced to one quarter mile or less. If driving... slow down...
use your low beam headlights... and leave plenty of distance ahead
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Heat Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Minnesota - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Nevada - Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Dense Fog Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory, Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Frost Advisory
- Tennessee - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Watch