Current Watches and Warnings
Oregon, Lower Columbia
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 1:43 PM PDT on July 31, 2015
Expires 1:00 AM EDT on August 02, 2015
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 10 PM PDT Saturday
for hot... dry... unstable conditions combined with critically dry
fuels for Oregon fire weather zones 602... 603... 604... 605... 606...
607... 608... and Washington fire weather zones 602... 604 and 660...
* affected zones... in Oregon... fire weather zones 602... 603...
604... 605... 606... 607 and 608. In Washington... fire weather
zones 602... 604 and 660.
* Affected areas... this includes Gifford Pinchot National
Forest... Mt Hood National Forest west of the Cascade crest...
the Willamette National Forest... portions of the Siuslaw
National Forest... the Willamette Valley and adjacent
foothills... as well as the Clark County lowlands. Odf... blm...
and Washington dnr lands are included as well.
* Timing... now through Saturday evening.
* Stability... mid and high level Haines 5 to 6 at times. Very
unstable conditions could promote column growth to 10 to 12
thousand feet msl or greater under intense burning conditions.
* Relative humidity... 10 to 20 percent in many areas. Overnight
recoveries will be poor along and above thermal belts.
* Temperatures... generally 95 to 105 over The Lowlands... and 85
to 95 in the higher elevations.
* Wind... gusty afternoon and evening winds through Saturday.
Sustained north to northwest winds 8 to 14 mph with gusts to
25 mph expected for exposed areas by Saturday afternoon.
* Impacts... the combination of an increasingly hot... dry... and
unstable environment... gusty winds... and very dry fuels may
result in rapid growth of new or existing fires.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of the
above conditions can contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Statement as of 4:35 PM PDT on July 31, 2015
... Record daily high temperature set at Eugene or...
A record high temperature of 103 degrees was set at Eugene or today.
This breaks the old record of 99 set in 1974.
This report will be updated if the temperature increases any more
- Alaska - Dense Smoke Advisory
- Arizona - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Fire Weather Watch
- Nebraska - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- New York - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- North Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Watch
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Texas - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement