Current Watches and Warnings
Oregon, Central Coast Range of Western Oregon
High Wind Warning
Statement as of 10:02 AM PST on March 08, 2014
Expires 7:00 AM EDT on March 09, 2014
... High Wind Warning now in effect from 2 PM PST this afternoon
to 4 am PDT Sunday for the north and central Oregon Coast Range...
The High Wind Warning is now in effect from 2 PM PST this
afternoon to 4 am PDT Sunday.
* Winds: southwest winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts 60 to 65 mph...
mainly over the higher terrain and exposed west slopes.
* Timing: peak winds late this afternoon and evening.
* Locations include: Vernonia... Swisshome... Lees Camp.
* Impacts: the winds may cause local tree damage and result in
local power disruptions. Travel may be difficult...
especially for high profile vehicles.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
For additional weather information... visit our web site at
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 5:17 PM PST on March 08, 2014
... Rainfall totals for the past 12 hours as of 5 PM Saturday...
Location sorted by County amount time/date lat/Lon
1 WNW Jewell 0.90 0400 PM 03/08 45.94n/123.53w
Tidewater 0.70 0414 PM 03/08 46.01n/123.56w
1 WSW Astoria 0.67 0500 PM 03/08 46.18n/123.84w
Knappa 0.65 0500 PM 03/08 46.17n/123.58w
seaside 0.61 0400 PM 03/08 45.99n/123.92w
Cannon Beach 0.60 0411 PM 03/08 45.89n/123.96w
Yachats 0.55 0459 PM 03/08 44.31n/124.10w
1 SSW Lees Camp 1.20 0408 PM 03/08 45.59n/123.52w
Lees Camp 1.10 0400 PM 03/08 45.59n/123.52w
South Fork 1.08 0412 PM 03/08 45.60n/123.48w
Tillamook 0.99 0412 PM 03/08 45.46n/123.80w
2 E Oceanside 0.66 0457 PM 03/08 45.47n/123.92w
2 WNW Longview 0.98 0500 PM 03/08 46.15n/122.98w
Abernathy mtn 0.93 0401 PM 03/08 46.35n/123.10w
1 WSW Yale 0.71 0459 PM 03/08 46.00n/122.40w
Elk Rock 0.60 0401 PM 03/08 46.31n/122.39w
Cougar 0.55 0458 PM 03/08 46.06n/122.29w
Rock Creek 1.16 0430 PM 03/08 46.53n/123.40w
Huckleberry Ridge 1.04 0411 PM 03/08 46.50n/123.38w
Brooklyn 0.99 0430 PM 03/08 46.73n/123.55w
1 ENE Long Beach 0.56 0406 PM 03/08 46.36n/124.03w
Observations are collected from a variety of sources with varying
equipment and exposure. Not all data listed are considered official.
- Alaska - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Wind Chill Advisory , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Fire Weather Watch
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- New Hampshire - Special Weather Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report
- Oregon - Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Record Report