Current Watches and Warnings
Oregon, Coast Range of Northwest Oregon
Statement as of 4:14 PM PDT on July 29, 2015
... Heat advisory remains in effect until 9 PM PDT Friday for the
Oregon Coast Range... Willamette Valley... .Columbia River gorge and
Upper Hood River Valley...
A heat advisory remains in effect until 9 PM PDT Friday.
* Timing: Wednesday through at least Friday.
* Duration uncertainty: 90f to 95f temperatures will likely
persist into the weekend... and possibly into early next week.
* High temperatures: 95f to 102f. Hottest in the central and
southern Willamette Valley and central Columbia River gorge.
* Low temperatures: 60f to 65f.
* Locations include: Eugene... Springfield... Corvallis...
Albany... Vernonia... Salem... McMinnville... Hillsboro...
Portland... Oregon City... Gresham... Veneta... Vancouver...
Battle Ground... Washougal... ODell
* impacts: do not leave children and pets unattended in
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency... call 9 1 1.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:45 PM PDT on July 29, 2015
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on August 01, 2015
... Red flag warning now in effect until 11 PM PDT Friday for
hot... dry... and unstable conditions combined with dry fuels for
fire weather zones or604... or605... or606... or607 and or608...
* affected areas... this includes Mt Hood National Forest west of
the Cascade crest... Willamette National Forest west of the
Cascade crest... and the Willamette Valley and adjacent
* Timing... this afternoon through Friday evening.
* Stability... mid level Haines 6 conditions continuing through
* Relative humidity... 10 to 20 percent in many areas. Overnight
recoveries will be limited along and above thermal belts.
* Temperatures... generally 95 to 100 over The Lowlands... and 80s
to low 90s in the higher elevations.
* Impacts... the combination of an increasingly hot... dry... and
unstable environment and very dry fuels may result in rapid
growth of new or existing fires.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of the
above conditions can contribute to extreme fire behavior.
- Alabama - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Heat Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Excessive Heat Warning
- District of Columbia - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Maine - Record Report
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Massachusetts - Air Quality Alert
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Record Report
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Record Report
- New Jersey - Excessive Heat Warning
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement , Heat Advisory
- Ohio - Beach Hazard Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Excessive Heat Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Rhode Island - Air Quality Alert
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report
- - Small Craft Advisory
- - Small Craft Advisory