Current Watches and Warnings
Nevada, Northeastern Nye County
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 2:05 PM PDT on August 29, 2016
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on September 01, 2016
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Wednesday morning through
Wednesday evening for gusty winds, low relative humidity, and dry
thunderstorms for fire weather zones 454... 455... 457... 469 and
The National Weather Service in Elko has issued a Fire Weather
Watch for gusty winds, low relative humidity, and dry thunderstorms...
which is in effect from Wednesday morning through Wednesday
* Affected area... fire weather zone 454 central Lander and
Eureka counties... fire weather zone 455 White Pine County...
fire weather zone 457 northern Nye County/Lander and Eureka
counties south of Highway 50... fire weather zone 469
southwestern and central Elko County and fire weather zone 470
eastern Elko County.
* Winds... southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Relative humidity... as low as 7 percent.
* Thunderstorm coverage... isolated thunderstorms moving from the
southwest up to 30 mph. Small rain cores will not prevent new
* Outflow winds... 35 to 50 mph.
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds and low humidity, along
with dry lightning and strong outflow winds, will create
critical fire weather conditions. In addition, extremely dry
fuels are in place.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Beach Hazard Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Hurricane Watch , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Watch
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Watch
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Coastal Flood Watch
- Missouri - Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory
- Montana - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- New Jersey - Beach Hazard Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement
- North Carolina - Tropical Storm Warning , Hurricane Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Watch
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning
- South Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning