Current Watches and Warnings
Nevada, Northwestern Nye County
Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 10:20 PM PDT on September 20, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on September 22, 2014
200 PM PDT Sat Sep 20 2014
The National Weather Service in Elko has issued an
* Dry Wash and small stream Flood Advisory for...
northern Nye County in south central Nevada...
this includes the locations of... Tonopah... Round Mountain...
Manhattan... Gabbs... Duckwater... blue Eagle ranch...
* until 415 am PDT
* at 1019 PM PDT automated weather stations around northern Nye
County reported up to a half inch of rain had fallen this evening.
Additional rain and thunderstorms continue to move across the
County. Minor flooding is possible.
In hilly terrain there are hundreds of low water crossings which are
potentially dangerous in heavy rain. Do not attempt to travel across
flooded roads. Find alternate routes. It takes only a few inches of
swiftly flowing water to carry vehicles away.
Lat... Lon 3805 11723 3893 11821 3910 11774 3915 11726
3914 11592 3865 11499 3806 11499
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect from 5 PM PDT this
afternoon through Sunday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of east central Nevada... north central Nevada...
northeast Nevada and south central Nevada... including the
following areas... in east central Nevada... White Pine County.
In north central Nevada... northern Lander County and northern
Eureka County and southern Lander County and southern Eureka
County. In northeast Nevada... northern Elko County... Ruby
Mountains/East Humboldt Range... south central Elko County...
southeastern Elko County and southwestern Elko County. In
south central Nevada... northeastern Nye County and
northwestern Nye County.
* From 5 PM PDT this afternoon through Sunday evening
* widespread rain and thunderstorms are expected tonight across
central Nevada... expanding north to include northern Nevada on
Sunday. Very high moisture levels will allow for efficient
rainfall rates... with excessive rainfall rates and amounts from
the strongest thunderstorms. Rainfall amounts will average one
quarter to one half inch for most locales... with local amounts as
high as 3 inches possible.
* Areas most prone to flash flooding include small creeks... dry
washes... and burn scars near steep mountainous terrain. Rock
slides and debris flows are possible in steep terrain... in
addition to erosion of gravel and dirt roads.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Statement as of 5:46 PM PDT on September 20, 2014
... Record high temperature set at Eureka Airport NV...
a record high temperature of 85 degrees was set at Eureka Airport
NV today. This ties the old record of 85 set in 2011.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Flash Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Michigan - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement
- Utah - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Coastal Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report , Public Information Statement