Current Watches and Warnings
Nevada, Southwest Elko County
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:07 AM PDT on September 21, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on September 22, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through this evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of east central Nevada... north central Nevada...
northeast Nevada and south central Nevada... including the
following areas... in east central Nevada... White Pine County.
In north central Nevada... northern Lander County and northern
Eureka County and southern Lander County and southern Eureka
County. In northeast Nevada... northern Elko County... Ruby
Mountains/East Humboldt Range... south central Elko County...
southeastern Elko County and southwestern Elko County. In
south central Nevada... northeastern Nye County and
northwestern Nye County.
* Through this evening
* widespread rain and thunderstorms are expected across central
and northern Nevada today. Very high moisture levels will allow
for efficient rainfall production... with excessive rainfall
rates and amounts from the strongest thunderstorms. Rainfall
amounts will average one quarter to one half inch for most
locales... with local amounts as high as 3 inches possible.
* Areas most prone to flash flooding include small creeks... dry
washes... and burn scars near steep mountainous terrain. Rock
slides and debris flows are possible in steep terrain... in
addition to erosion of gravel and dirt roads.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Statement as of 2:28 AM PDT on September 21, 2014
... Record high temperature set at Eureka Airport NV...
the high temperature of 85 degrees at Eureka Airport NV yesterday
tied the previous record. The previous record of 85 degrees was set
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- New Jersey - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement