Current Watches and Warnings
Nevada, Ruby Mountains and East Humboldt Range
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 2:43 AM PST on December 22, 2014
Expires 7:00 PM EST on December 22, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 4 PM PST this
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow remains in
effect until 4 PM PST this afternoon.
* Snow accumulations: additional accumulations of 1 to 4 inches
can be expected through 4 PM this afternoon with locally higher
amounts of 4 to 8 inches along ridgelines and northwest facing
* Timing: moderate to locally heavy snow is expected into the
early afternoon hours then tapering during the late afternoon.
Winds will be breezy early this morning then increase late this
morning through this afternoon.
* Impacts: travel to the higher terrain will be difficult today
due to snow and blowing snow... with strong northwesterly winds
resulting in reduced visibilities and drifting of snow at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that travel difficulties are
expected due to wintry conditions. Be prepared for slippery roads
and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving. For the
latest Road conditions call 511 or visit www.Nvroads.Com.
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 7:28 AM PST on December 22, 2014
Expires 7:30 PM EST on December 22, 2014
The National Weather Service in Elko has issued a
* Arroyo and Small Stream Flood Advisory for...
rain and snowmelt in...
northern White Pine County in northeastern Nevada...
western Elko County in northeastern Nevada...
northeastern Humboldt County in northwestern Nevada...
* until 430 PM PST Monday
* at 725 am PST... Doppler radar and automated rain gauges indicated
heavy rain and snowmelt which will cause Arroyo and Small Stream
flooding in the advisory area. 1 to 3 inches of rain have fallen.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Tuscarora... Ruby Lake... Clover Valley... Ruby Valley... Harrison
Pass... Sheep Creek Reservoir... Secret Pass... Wilson
Reservoir... Chicken Creek Summit... Angel Lake... Willow Creek
Reservoir... North Fork and Franklin Lake.
Additional rainfall of 0.50 to 1 inch is expected over the area.
This additional rain will make minor flooding.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small
creeks and streams... as well as farm and country roads. Do not
attempt to travel across flooded roads. Find alternate routes.
Lat... Lon 4102 11498 4067 11501 4003 11545 4001 11565
4015 11570 4054 11556 4106 11525 4116 11556
4101 11617 4101 11665 4199 11702 4200 11597
Statement as of 5:33 PM PST on December 21, 2014
... Record high temperature set at Tonopah Airport NV...
a record high temperature of 57 degrees was set at Tonopah Airport NV today.
This ties the old record of 57 set in 1969.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 1:17 AM PST on December 22, 2014
... Preliminary rainfall reports across the region for the last 72 hours...
Location amount time/date lat/Lon
... Humboldt County...
Paradise Valley GOES 1.01 in 1240 am 12/22 41.19n/117.66w
Morey creek RAWS 1.00 in 1237 am 12/22 41.45n/117.63w
Winnemucca Airport ASOS 0.86 in 1156 PM 12/21 40.90n/117.81w
Orovada coop 0.71 in 0800 PM 12/21 41.57n/117.84w
Orovada dw6987 cwop 0.56 in 0102 am 12/22 41.57n/117.78w
Texas Springs RAWS 0.44 in 1238 am 12/22 41.80n/118.45w
Dry Canyon RAWS 0.39 in 1238 am 12/22 41.44n/119.11w
McDermitt coop 0.36 in 0400 PM 12/21 42.00n/117.72w
double h RAWS 0.17 in 1247 am 12/22 41.65n/118.04w
... Northeastern Nye County...
Seven Mile RAWS 0.13 in 1241 am 12/22 39.07n/116.31w
currant creek RAWS 0.01 in 1247 am 12/22 38.77n/115.42w
... Northern Elko County...
Mountain City rs hads 1.34 in 1245 am 12/22 41.84n/115.97w
Owyhee hads 1.28 in 1245 am 12/22 41.95n/116.10w
Wild Horse Reservoir coop 1.12 in 0530 PM 12/21 41.64n/115.80w
Long Hollow RAWS 1.10 in 1242 am 12/22 41.54n/116.22w
Stag Mountain RAWS 0.87 in 1226 am 12/22 41.52n/115.39w
Rock Spring creek RAWS 0.80 in 1241 am 12/22 41.65n/114.43w
Pole Creek RAWS 0.40 in 1141 PM 12/21 41.88n/115.26w
Jackpot Handar 0.28 in 1200 am 12/22
Antelope Lake RAWS 0.25 in 1242 am 12/22 41.68n/116.77w
... Northern Lander County and northern Eureka County...
Beowawe coop 0.75 in 0400 PM 12/21 40.59n/116.47w
Beacon light RAWS 0.35 in 1239 am 12/22 40.56n/116.76w
... Northwestern Nye County...
quima peak RAWS 0.11 in 1211 am 12/22 38.49n/117.09w
... South central Elko County...
Ruby Lake RAWS 1.17 in 1232 am 12/22 40.17n/115.48w
Spruce Mountain RAWS 0.22 in 1242 am 12/22 40.44n/114.81w
... Southeastern Elko County...
Spring Gulch RAWS 0.10 in 1241 am 12/22 40.60n/114.20w
... Southern Lander County and southern Eureka County...
Coils creek RAWS 0.68 in 1238 am 12/22 39.83n/116.49w
Austin RAWS 0.65 in 1250 am 12/22 39.50n/117.08w
Red Butte RAWS 0.56 in 1239 am 12/22 39.98n/117.32w
Eureka Airport ASOS 0.30 in 1153 PM 12/21 39.60n/116.01w
Combs Canyon RAWS 0.24 in 1239 am 12/22 39.39n/116.18w
desatoya mountain RAWS 0.23 in 1238 am 12/22 39.30n/117.58w
Eureka agrimet 0.01 in 1200 am 12/22 39.69n/115.98w
... Southwest Elko County...
Elko ew0093 cwop 1.32 in 0102 am 12/22 40.83n/115.75w
Elko NWS office coop 0.68 in 1000 PM 12/21 40.83n/115.79w
Elko Airport ASOS 0.63 in 1156 PM 12/21 40.83n/115.79w
Elko NWS office coop 0.58 in 0400 PM 12/21 40.83n/115.79w
Spring Creek ew5807 cwop 0.50 in 1252 am 12/22 40.70n/115.60w
LaMoille dw6622 cwop 0.29 in 0103 am 12/22 40.70n/115.54w
Ryndon dw6485 cwop 0.26 in 0105 am 12/22 40.96n/115.59w
Coal Mine Canyon n7nnv cwop 0.20 in 0100 am 12/22 41.04n/115.57w
Crane Springs RAWS 0.17 in 1226 am 12/22 40.46n/115.85w
... White Pine County...
Ely Airport ASOS 0.15 in 1153 PM 12/21 39.30n/114.85w
Alligator Ridge RAWS 0.15 in 1241 am 12/22 39.73n/115.52w
h-T portable #3 RAWS 0.14 in 1212 am 12/22 39.65n/114.62w
Mather RAWS 0.01 in 1229 am 12/22 39.02n/114.27w
Observations are collected from a variety of sources with varying
equipment and exposure. Not all data listed are considered official.
- Alabama - Flash Flood Watch
- Alaska - High Wind Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - Coastal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - High Wind Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Blizzard Warning, Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning, Winter Storm Warning , Avalanche Warning , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Freezing Rain Advisory
- Florida - Flash Flood Watch
- Georgia - Flash Flood Watch
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Avalanche Warning , Record Report
- Kansas - High Wind Watch , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Dense Fog Advisory
- Maryland - Freezing Rain Advisory
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Missouri - Public Information Statement
- Montana - Winter Weather Advisory , Avalanche Warning
- Nebraska - High Wind Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch, Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Freezing Rain Advisory
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement
- New York - Freezing Rain Advisory
- North Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Special Statement
- Oregon - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Freezing Rain Advisory
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Texas - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Blizzard Warning, Winter Weather Advisory , Avalanche Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Freezing Rain Advisory
- Washington - Coastal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- West Virginia - Freezing Rain Advisory
- Wisconsin - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report