Current Watches and Warnings
Nevada, Southern Clark County
Statement as of 8:50 PM PDT on April 01, 2015
Expires 2:00 PM EDT on April 02, 2015
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 11 am PDT Thursday...
A Wind Advisory remains in effect until 11 am PDT Thursday for
much of San Bernardino and central Clark counties.
* Winds: west to northwest at 20 to 30 mph with gusts 40 to 50 mph.
* Timing: winds will increase this evening and become strongest
between midnight and 6 am Thursday.
* Locations: the strongest winds in the Las Vegas Valley are
expected along the western edge of the valley including Red Rock
Canyon... Summerlin... Centennial hills and mountains edge. Other
areas include... Primm... Searchlight... Cal-Nev-Ari... the town of
Mt Charleston... Vidal Junction... Baker... and Mountain Pass.
* Impacts: the strong winds will make driving difficult
especially for motorcycles and high profile vehicles. Areas
of blowing dust and sand may reduce visibility on area roads
at times especially near and downwind of Dry Lake beds.
A Wind Advisory means that Crosswinds are expected to be strong
enough to make driving difficult... especially for high profile
vehicles. In addition... strong winds over desert areas could result
in briefly lowered visibilities to well under a mile at times in
blowing dust or blowing sand. Use extra caution.
Statement as of 9:19 AM PDT on April 01, 2015
... A March madness of warmth sets a record for Las Vegas...
For Las Vegas, the average temperature for March 2015 was 66.7
degrees. This breaks the previous record for the warmest March ever
of 66.5 set in 2004. The record warmth was a combination of the
warmest average low temperature of 55.6 ever for March (which broke
the previous record of 54.6 set in 2004) and the warm average high
temperature of 77.8 (which ranks as the 3rd warmest ever). There
were a total of 2 days with a high of 90 or better which ranks as
the 2nd highest ever for March tied with 2007. Only 2004 with 3 such
days ranks higher. Official records for Las Vegas date to 1937.
The above information is preliminary and is subject to a final
review before being certified by the National climatic data center.
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Freeze Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Special Statement
- District of Columbia - Special Statement
- Florida - Special Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Idaho - Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch
- Iowa - Record Report
- Kansas - Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Areal Flood Watch
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Maine - Winter Weather Advisory
- Maryland - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Missouri - Areal Flood Watch
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Jersey - Special Statement
- New Mexico - High Wind Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- New York - Wind Advisory
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Ohio - Areal Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Lake Wind Advisory
- Oregon - Freeze Warning
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Fire Weather Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Utah - Freeze Warning , Hard Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Freeze Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report