Current Watches and Warnings
Nevada, Southern Clark County
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:45 AM PDT on August 01, 2015
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on August 02, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect through this evening...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of northwest Arizona and Nevada... including the
following areas... in northwest Arizona... Lake Mead National
Recreation Area... northwest deserts and northwest plateau. In
Nevada... Lake Mead National Recreation Area... Las Vegas
Valley... Lincoln County... northeast Clark County... Sheep
Range... southern Clark County... Spring Mountains-Red Rock
Canyon and western Clark and southern Nye County.
* Through this evening
* a high moisture content remains in place in the atmosphere across
the area. Any stronger or slower moving thunderstorms could
unleash heavy rainfall in a quick period of time. Rainfall totals
of 1 to 2 inches in an hour or less... with locally higher
amounts... are possible in some cases.
* Impacts... roads could be closed due to water flowing over them
as well as mud and rocks washing onto them. Roadway pavement
may be washed away. Some dirt and secondary gravel roads could
be washed out. Rapid rises in washes could also occur leading
to flash flooding downstream. Any burn areas... such as the
CArpenter 1 burn area on Mount Charleston... could also see
debris flows take place if heavy rain falls on or runs onto
the burned landscape.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Statement as of 9:56 PM PDT on July 31, 2015
... Record number of days with precipitation for July set at Bishop...
Counting today, July 31st, a total of 14 days this month had a trace
or more of precipitation fall in Bishop, California at the official
weather station at the eastern Sierra regional Airport. This sets a
new all-time record for July. The previous record was 12 days set in
This is now the second month this year to see a record number of
days with precipitation at Bishop. Back in may there was a record 15
days with a trace or more of precipitation.
For may, June and July of 2015 combined there have been 36 days with
a trace or more of precipitation. This is one day less than what was
recorded in 2013 in Bishop which had 37 days with a trace or more of
precipitation for the entire year. Also... this past cold season from
October 1st through April 30th only saw a total of 20 days with a
trace or more of precipitation at Bishop.
The above information is preliminary and subject to a final review.
For final certified data please contact the office of noaa's
National centers for environmental information (ncei) located in
Asheville, North Carolina.
- Alaska - Dense Smoke Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Flash Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- North Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Watch
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Tennessee - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement