Current Watches and Warnings
Nevada, Las Vegas Valley
Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 5:58 PM PDT on September 16, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on September 19, 2014
105 PM PDT Tue Sep 16 2014 /105 PM MST Tue Sep 16 2014/
... The Flood Advisory for rapid rises in normally dry washes remains
in effect until 730 PM PDT for south central Nye... west central
Clark... southeastern Inyo and extreme north central San Bernardino
At 557 PM PDT Doppler radar continues to indicate thunderstorms
producing heavy rain inside the advisory area. Runoff from the heavy
rain will cause rapid rises in normally dry washes and water flowing
in low lying area.
Heavy rain will lead to ponding of water on roads... underpasses...
other low lying areas and flowing water in normally dry washes. Never
drive into areas where water covers the Road or enter a flood
channel. Turn around... dont drown!
Report flooded roads to the Las Vegas National Weather Service via
facebook or twitter.
Lat... Lon 3671 11638 3671 11566 3613 11564 3592 11551
3579 11564 3578 11636
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect from Wednesday morning
through Thursday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of northwest Arizona... California and southern
Nevada... including the following areas... in northwest
Arizona... Lake havasu and Fort Mohave... Lake Mead National
Recreation Area and northwest deserts. In California... Cadiz
basin... eastern Mojave Desert... morongo basin and San
Bernardino County-upper Colorado River valley. In southern
Nevada... Lake Mead National Recreation Area... Las Vegas
Valley... northeast Clark County... Sheep Range... southern Clark
County and Spring Mountains-Red Rock Canyon.
* From Wednesday morning through Thursday evening
* Tropical Storm Odile will track east of the area over the next
48 hours. Tropical moisture from this storm has moved into
into the area and is increasing the threat of thunderstorm
activity and the potential for heavy rainfall. These
thunderstorms and the associated flash flood threat will be
isolated to scattered in nature. However... with many areas
still recovering from flood impacts the risk for additional
impacts is high.
* Burn scars... urban centers... and areas that have recently
experienced flooding should pay close attention to forecasts and
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation
and persons in and near the watch area should be alert to the
potential for heavy rainfall.
Statement as of 9:50 AM PDT on September 16, 2014
... Record high temperature tied at Death Valley CA...
a record high temperature of 119 degrees was set at Death Valley CA
yesterday. This ties the old record of 119 set in 1971.
The above information is preliminary and is subject to a final
review and certification by the National climatic data center.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Nevada - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report