Current Watches and Warnings
Nevada, Spring Mountains-Red Rock Canyon
Statement as of 2:48 PM PDT on October 24, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on October 26, 2014
... Wind Advisory in effect from 11 am Saturday to 5 am PDT Sunday...
The National Weather Service in Las Vegas has issued a Wind
Advisory for the Spring Mountains and Red Rock Canyon... which is in
effect from 11 am Saturday to 5 am PDT Sunday.
* Winds:above 5000 feet... west 35 to 45 mph with gusts to 60 mph.
Below 5000 feet... west 30 to 40 mph with gusts to 50 mph. The
strongest west winds will be near canyon openings on the
northeastern side of the Spring Mountains.
* Timing: winds will increase early Saturday afternoon... peak
in the afternoon and evening... before diminishing early
* Locations: Spring Mountains... including Mount Charleston and Red
Rock Canyon as well as Kyle... Lee Canyon... and Deer Creek roads.
* Impacts: gusty winds may create difficult travel conditions in the
higher elevations. Early season winds may cause higher than usual
amounts of downed tree debris in the area.
A Wind Advisory means that Crosswinds are expected to be strong
enough to make driving difficult... especially for high profile
vehicles. In addition... strong winds over desert areas could result
in briefly lowered visibilities to well under a mile at times in
blowing dust or blowing sand. Use extra caution.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory
- Arizona - Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Illinois - Dense Fog Advisory
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Dense Fog Advisory
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Record Report
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory
- North Dakota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory
- Texas - Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Washington - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Record Report