Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, Raton Ridge/Johnson Mesa
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 9:09 PM MST on March 07, 2014
Expires 2:00 PM EST on March 08, 2014
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until noon MST
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow remains in effect until noon MST
* Snow accumulations... 5 to 10 inches. Locally higher amounts
possible along the east slopes and higher peaks near the
* Timing... periods of moderate to heavy snow are expected through
3 am MDT... then snow coverage and intensity will gradually weaken
through mid day Saturday.
* Winds... shifting to the northeast by midnight. Speeds 20 to 30
with gusts to 40 mph over Raton Pass.
* Snow levels... temperatures will remain cold enough for snow at
all elevations in the mountains.
* Local impacts... roads will become snow packed and icy.
Visibilities may be locally reduced in snow... especially over
Raton Pass where blowing snow may also develop.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight... food...
and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning , Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Special Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Winter Weather Advisory
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Record Report
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Special Statement , Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- New Hampshire - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Fire Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Freezing Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Oklahoma - Winter Weather Advisory
- Oregon - High Wind Watch
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Texas - Winter Weather Advisory
- Vermont - Air Quality Alert
- Virginia - High Surf Advisory , Freezing Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Air Quality Alert
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report