Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, Southwest Mountains
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:53 AM MDT on July 31, 2015
Expires 6:00 AM EDT on August 01, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch in effect through late tonight...
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has expanded the
* Flash Flood Watch to include a portion of north and central nm...
including the following areas... Estancia valley... far northwest
Highlands... Jemez Mountains... lower Chama River Valley...
northwest Highlands... San Francisco River Valley... San Juan
Mountains... Sandia/Manzano Mountains... Santa Fe Metro area...
Southwest Mountains... upper Rio Grande Valley... west Central
Highlands... west central mountains and west Central Plateau.
* Through late tonight
* a very moist air mass remains in place over much of New
Mexico... and additional showers and thunderstorms are expected
to periodically develop today and tonight. There is potential
for periods of heavy rainfall... and rainfall rates will
commonly approach 1 to 3 inches per hour with some heavier
downpours possible in localized areas.
* Flash flooding will be most susceptible around steep
terrain... urban drainages... and areas that have recently
experienced heavy rainfall over the past few days.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead to
flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
Monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should flash
flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Flash Flood Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Maryland - Record Report
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report
- - Small Craft Advisory