Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, Northern Dona Ana County
Flash Flood Warning
Statement as of 11:37 PM MDT on September 17, 2014
Expires 7:30 AM EDT on September 18, 2014
The National Weather Service in El Paso has issued a
* Flash Flood Warning for...
El Paso County in southwest Texas...
Hudspeth County in southwest Texas...
south central Dona Ana County in south central New Mexico...
* until 530 am MDT Thursday/630 am CDT/
* at 1128 PM MDT/1228 am CDT/... National Weather Service Doppler
radar indicated slow moving thunderstorms with very heavy rainfall
across the warned area.
* Locations impacted include...
east El Paso...
northeast El Paso...
west El Paso...
central El Paso...
Colonia del paso...
lake way estates...
Franklin Mountains State Park...
Emergency flood operations continue.
The heavy rainfall will slowly abate and move eastward tonight
however the effects of this serious flooding in terms of Road closures
and overall damage will persist overnight into the early morning
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding. If flash flooding is observed act quickly. Do
not enter the water. Turn around and move up to higher ground to
escape flood waters.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of urban
drainage basins... highways... streets and underpasses as well as other
poor drainage areas and low lying areas.
Continue to monitor weather and Road conditions via NOAA Weather Radio and
the TV and radio media along with social media.
Lat... Lon 3103 10559 3109 10562 3115 10577 3138 10600
3139 10609 3146 10621 3174 10641 3178 10667
3197 10675 3197 10495 3064 10494
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 11:48 PM MDT on September 17, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on September 19, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Thursday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* a portion of nm... including the following areas... eastern
Black Range foothills... lowlands of the bootheel... northern
Dona Ana County... Sierra County lakes... southern Dona Ana
County/Mesilla Valley... southern Gila foothills/Mimbres
valley... southwest desert/Mimbres basin and uplands of the
* Through Thursday evening
* scattered showers and thunderstorms today with moderate to
heavy rain. An area-wide increase in rain coverage tonight
through Thursday as the remnants of Odile move across from the
* Normally dry arroyos... streams... and river could be quickly
filled with fast moving water... mud and debris. Low water
crossings will likely become impassable. Several rivers will
likely reach bankful and rise above flood stage. Flooding of
homes and businesses in low lying and flood prone areas will
be possible. Some flooding could become life threatening.
People living in flood prone areas should be prepared to take
action if rising water is seen.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Maine - Freeze Watch
- Minnesota - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Freeze Watch
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Special Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report