Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 5:09 AM CDT on August 28, 2014
Expires 10:46 PM EDT on August 31, 2014
The National Weather Service in Omaha has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the West Fork big Blue River near Dorchester.
* From Friday morning to Sunday evening... or until the warning is
* At 4:15 am Thursday the stage was 9.7 feet... or 5.3 feet below
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
Lat... Lon 4078 9736 4081 9733 4070 9699 4069 9699
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:10 AM CDT on August 28, 2014
Expires 1:00 PM EDT on August 28, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until noon CDT today...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Iowa and Nebraska... including the following
areas... in Iowa... Fremont... Harrison... Mills... Monona...
Montgomery... Page... Pottawattamie and Shelby. In Nebraska...
Boone... Burt... Butler... Cass... Colfax... Cuming... Dodge...
Douglas... Lancaster... Madison... Otoe... Pierce... Platte...
Saline... Sarpy... Saunders... Seward... Stanton... Thurston...
Washington and Wayne.
* Until noon CDT today
* thunderstorms... producing heavy rain at times... will continue
through the morning hours. The bulk of the rain should fall prior
* Heavy rain in excess of 1 to 2 inches an hour is possible this
morning. Much of the watch area should see 1 to 2 inch amounts
with locally higher amounts from 2 to 4 inches. As a
result... flash flooding will be possible through this morning...
especially in flood prone areas and near streams and rivers.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Local Storm Report
08/28/2014 0700 am
3 miles NW of Beaver crossi, Seward County.
Heavy rain m4.47 inch, reported by trained spotter.
08/28/2014 0458 am
2 miles E of Utica, Seward County.
Heavy rain m3.20 inch, reported by public.
- Alabama - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Arizona - Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Record Report
- Indiana - Flood Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Maine - High Surf Advisory
- Maryland - Beach Hazard Statement
- Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Coastal Hazard Statement
- New York - High Surf Advisory
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report