Current Watches and Warnings
North Dakota, Hettinger
High Wind Warning
Statement as of 2:54 AM MST on February 06, 2016
Expires 10:00 PM EST on February 07, 2016
... High Wind Warning remains in effect from noon CST /11 am MST/
today to 9 PM CST /8 PM MST/ Sunday...
* timing... Saturday afternoon through early Sunday evening.
* Winds... northwest winds gusting up to 65 mph.
* Impacts... travel may become hazardous over western North
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 4:40 AM CST on February 06, 2016
... Public information statement...
... Safety rules for blizzard warnings...
A Blizzard Warning has been issued by your National Weather
Service in North Dakota. The following safety rules should insure
Do not venture out into the storm unless absolutely necessary.
Most winter storm fatalities involve people who left a place of
safety while the storm was in progress.
On the Road... you should have winter survival gear in your
vehicle. If stranded in the storm... stay in your vehicle. Run the
engine sparingly to conserve fuel. Keep your exhaust pipe clear of
Circulate fresh air in the car by opening one of the windows
slightly. Turn on the dome light at night. Maintain a continuous
watch and do not let everyone in the vehicle sleep at the same time.
If you must get out of your vehicle during the storm... tie a
lifeline to you and the vehicle.
Monitor the latest weather reports... if possible... and wait
patiently for the storm to subside.
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Freeze Warning
- Alaska - Wind Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement , Record Report
- Delaware - Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Freeze Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Blizzard Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Special Statement
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory
- Minnesota - Blizzard Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - High Wind Watch , Dense Fog Advisory
- New Jersey - Special Statement , Record Report
- New York - Special Statement , Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - High Wind Warning , Blizzard Watch , Blizzard Warning , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Watch , Blizzard Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Washington - Areal Flood Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , High Wind Watch , Special Statement