Current Watches and Warnings
North Dakota, McKenzie
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Statement as of 6:29 AM CDT on July 24, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on July 24, 2014
... A Severe Thunderstorm Warning remains in effect for northeastern
McKenzie County until 700 am CDT...
At 625 am CDT... a severe thunderstorm was located 8 miles east of
Watford City... or 35 miles southeast of Williston... moving east at 40
Hazard... quarter size hail.
Source... radar indicated.
Impact... damage to vehicles is expected.
Locations impacted include...
Mandaree... 4 bears Lodge... Tobacco Garden Bay Recreation Area...
Johnsons Corner... Keene and Charlson.
For your protection move to an interior room on the lowest floor of a
Large hail... damaging winds and continuous cloud to ground lightning
is occurring with this storm. Move indoors immediately. Lightning
kills. Remember... if you can hear thunder... you are close enough to
be struck by lightning.
Very heavy rain was also occurring with this storm along with wind
gusts as high as 50 mph.
Lat... Lon 4803 10333 4806 10324 4812 10322 4812 10290
4814 10286 4812 10279 4813 10276 4809 10274
4808 10267 4804 10266 4804 10260 4798 10255
4787 10266 4767 10265 4767 10310 4760 10310
time... Mot... loc 1127z 260deg 35kt 4778 10307
Severe Thunderstorm Watch
Statement as of 6:24 AM CDT on July 24, 2014
Expires 12:00 PM EDT on July 24, 2014
Severe Thunderstorm Watch 438 remains in effect until 1100 am CDT
for the following locations
. North Dakota counties included are
Billings Bottineau Burke
Burleigh Divide Dunn
Golden Valley McHenry McKenzie
McLean Mercer Morton
Mountrail Oliver Renville
Sheridan Stark Ward
Local Storm Report
07/24/2014 0620 am
Watford City, McKenzie County.
Thunderstorm wind gust e40 mph, reported by public.
Also had 0.50 inch hail and very heavy rain.
07/24/2014 0602 am
Alexander, McKenzie County.
Hail e0.25 inch, reported by trained spotter.
Also has heavy rain falling. No wind.
07/24/2014 0535 am
East Fairview, McKenzie County.
Thunderstorm wind gust e60 mph, reported by public.
Also had very heavy rain falling. No hail.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 3:25 AM CDT on July 24, 2014
... Safety rules for severe Summer storms...
A Severe Thunderstorm Watch has been issued by the National Weather
Service. The following information and safety rules may save your
A watch means that weather conditions are favorable for the
development of severe thunderstorms and possibly tornadoes.
During a watch... you should go about your normal business... but
stay updated on the latest weather developments and be prepared
to go to a place of safety.
A warning means that severe thunderstorms or tornadoes have been
reported... or have been detected by radar. People in the warned area
should seek shelter immediately.
Severe thunderstorms produce damaging winds... large hail... heavy
rains... and deadly lightning. Watch for signs of an approaching
storm. Keep a NOAA Weather Radio with you.
Flying debris from damaging thunderstorm winds can injure or
kill. Seek shelter from the wind. Stay away from windows and move
to the center of the building.
Lightning is a killer so do not use electrical appliances during
thunderstorms. Use the phone only in an emergency. If caught
outdoors... get off of open vehicles such as farm and construction
Avoid areas prone to flash flooding such as Dry Creek beds... small
streams and dips in the Road.
- Alabama - Dense Fog Advisory
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Nevada - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- New York - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Oklahoma - Excessive Heat Watch , Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Tennessee - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report